hey new guy needs help lol

Accord98Lx

Reaction score
hey everyone new to site need some help . so if u can help me awesome . much appreciated .

first off i have a 1998 sedan lx , 2.3 vtec , 5 speed stand. love my car . it has to many km's so i pulled the motor and bought a less km motor . i put the newer motor ( from a 2000 accord 2.3 vtec ) in my car with a new clutch put everything together and she turns over but she wont fire . any help would be appreciated thanks . everythings hooked up and done properly . she just wont fire .

Accord98Lx

Reaction score
the only thing i could think of thsat could be wrong is the firing order is wrong . anyone have a diagram of the firing order and cap order also ?

Accordman722

Reaction score
Welcome to the site man! Umm not sure on that , if everthing is hooked up right then there shouldn't be a problem.lol Did the engine come from a scrapyard ?

chaby_91

Reaction score
I think the firing order on any Honda 4 cylinder engine is always 1342? Let me get back to you with this.

Is the gas tank full or empty? How many times have you tried to start it?

Edit: Yup, from right to left

Does this help: It's suppossed to be for CRVs but I don't think it changes anything

Edit 2: It's the same on my car
TGssz.png

Last edited:

Accord98Lx

Reaction score
the motor came from a running accord . compr. tested . everything is good there . which is number 1 on the cap i have. it wants to run just wont fire over .

ive tried to start the car 8 times , just keeps turning over and over and over and theres 20 bucks in the tank . new plug and wires new cap and rotor..

stoopid question time.... do u run cyl 1 to numb 1 on cap and then cyl 2 to cap 2 etc i think i have my wires screwed up ..... i cant do simple things . haha lol
laugh all u want guys lol but i can take motor out new clutch installed put motor back in but cant do wires lol

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
the motor came from a running accord . compr. tested . everything is good there . which is number 1 on the cap i have. it wants to run just wont fire over .

ive tried to start the car 8 times , just keeps turning over and over and over and theres 20 bucks in the tank . new plug and wires new cap and rotor..

stoopid question time.... do u run cyl 1 to numb 1 on cap and then cyl 2 to cap 2 etc i think i have my wires screwed up ..... i cant do simple things . haha lol
laugh all u want guys lol but i can take motor out new clutch installed put motor back in but cant do wires lol

Yeah you have to run the plugs to their very own. 1 goes to 1 and etc so on.

Maybe that's why.

Accord98Lx

Reaction score
prolly ill try to put the plugs right and then we'll see what happens thanks guys .

Drift

Reaction score
Have you gone through the basics? are the plugs even getting spark?

Accord98Lx

Reaction score
okay . motor runs now. it was 2 wires that werent grounded . lol .

new problem . when my car is turned off it goes into every gear including reverse ,,,, when my car is running it doesnt go into any gear including reverse . slave cyl is working . fluid is full . what gives .

anyone help thanks

Back