High Mileage 6th Gens

jccg5

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
That's your rotors, almost undoubtably. Easy fix.

is shake when im on freeway only...from 80 down to 60 is shake my steering wheel !

skabone

Reaction score
jccg5 said:
is shake when im on freeway only...from 80 down to 60 is shake my steering wheel !
time for new pads and rotors. its really easy to do on our cars thankfully. when is the last time you changed your pads. if its 20K miles and above its definatly the problem.

jccg5

Reaction score
well one of my friend said is your tranny and i was like how is my tranny !

paypalbid

Reaction score
as my car approaching 10 years old little thing start to go like window regulator, lock actuator, climate control, shifter light, seat belt, and gasoline light.
good thing that these are simple DIY items so I saved a lot of money. the only thing I had the dealer touch was transmission radiator and all the belts

cajun

Reaction score
Jeez, you guys are scaring me with all of these "I'm on my 2nd (or 3rd) transmission" posts. I have a 02 SE sedan with only 50K miles on it. Zero problems so far. It may be overkill, but I drain/refill the Honda ATF yearly. Question for those of you who have had a trans failure - did you dog the car, not use Honda ATF or not change the fluid regularly???

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^ r u talking abt teh v6 or I4 tranny? it's only the v6 ones tht have issues :lawl:

NINaudio

Reaction score
A lot of people have had issues with the i4 auto tranny too... Wildman and myself included...

I don't feel that I've dogged my car. I might drive a little aggressively, but I never once revved it in neutral and then popped it into drive or anything like that. My fluid was changed regularly at the dealer yearly.

cajun

Reaction score
I'm talking about the I4 auto transmission. A coworker's I4 trans went out at 40K miles on his 02 Accord VP. To Honda's credit they picked up the whole tab for his rebuilt trans. I want a manual trans anyway so maybe this will give me the incentive to sell my car and look for the rare manual Accord.

nexTOme

Reaction score
bought the i4 sedan stick shift with 100k on it. after 7month, i now have 135k mi......still running strong, great gas mileage....32mpg :rock:

Back