High Mileage 6th Gens

AFAccord

Reaction score
Damn, you almost put as much miles as my car has total in one year. How do you drive around 40k a year?

Drive ~400 miles round trip twice a month to go home. Have driven to Texas several times, and taken three road trips. One to Cali, One to Colorado, and one to Ohio, all from SC. I'm addicted to burning gas. :Smoker:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
wtf...im lucky to hit 20mpg 100%...i average around 300-350 miles to ~14 gallons mixed driving :thinking:

iROYAL

Reaction score

AFAccord

Reaction score
wtf...im lucky to hit 20mpg 100%...i average around 300-350 miles to ~14 gallons mixed driving :thinking:

If you guys are getting that kind of bad mileage, something's wrong. :thinking:

I make six trips to and from work each day in city traffic, plus drive my car 30+ miles per day around base doing jobs. All this with an H23 transmission, nearly 170whp, and a lead foot just because I love to hear the sound of my own car in VTEC, and I very rarely see below 320 miles per tank. I usually achieve around 360, and sometimes up to 380 miles on a tank with mixed highway driving. Driving to Tennessee the other week, I was squeezing close to 400 miles on a tank with all highway miles, but again, constantly down shifting to 3rd and 4th gear to play with my buddies on the freeway.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
in the winter, 100% city, ill pull into a gas station with the light on, right at 300 miles. its always done that, even after the new cat in 06.

tune up in march didnt seem to help a whole lot. its probably cause of idling and sitting with the engine running, although i try not to.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
actually...just went and checked...im at 243 miles with about 2 gallons under 1/2. not too bad...i only drove 30 miles on the highway.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
If you guys are getting that kind of bad mileage, something's wrong. :thinking:

Well for one thing, you got a manual, I got an automatic. Manual gets better mileage than automatic. Let's see what else could be giving you the edge on us: Eibach Sportline springs, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Wicked Tuning rear camber arms AEM v1 CAI, and you've got a pair of Kyowa rims which I'm pretty sure weigh less than my stock rims. Those things alone mixed with your manual tranny mean better mpg. No idea but I wonder if you driving a coupe versus a sedan means anything *shrugs*

Last edited:
Back