high pitched noise in engine bay

boridep

Reaction score
alright thanx ill do that. And about the supercharger LOL. It does sound like it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I can already guarantee that more than likely it is your alternator going out... I had the same issue with my old alternator before replacing it, the sound was sooo annoying! Ran like that for a good year though since it began doing that, and even then it was still working when I put another one on there. Just annoying as hell. So essentially there's no telling when it will die, if it is in fact the alternator, but this is my honest hypothesis from past personal experience.

Revenuite

Reaction score
Could be a belt, the alternator, water pump, a pulley in the timing belt area, or the timing belt itself on it's way out.

Did you open the hood to listen for exactly where in the engine bay it's coming from? If you're not familiar with the components in the engine bay, listen for where it's coming from, and take a pic of the area as close as you can narrow it down, and post it.

Last edited:

boridep

Reaction score
Thanx guys. Having came on for a while. The noise is still there. I did open Hood and see where is coming from but can't tell. Its confusing and annoying. Ill keep trying.

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
i agree with russianred, could possibly be your alternator bearing. when those go bad, they can be so loud and annoying that it makes it hard to tell where its coming from

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
My power steering pump made that noise.when your car is running touch the top of the ps pump and you will feel the vibration inside making that noise.its like a squeaky grinding noise.

boridep

Reaction score
well guys spent some time outside with my car and finally found tried the water pump alternator and nothing. but i found the it. it was the pcv valve. what a mission. i want to thank all u guys who answered and helped. thank you very much. so pcv valve no more annoying noise. wooohhooo

Back