High Pitched Sound/Whine on Acceleration

charliebitme

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a problem, every time I step on the acceleration a high pitched whine sound is heard in my speakers, at first I searched up and some said it could have been the alternator, but I got that replaced and I'm still having the same problem. If its not the alternator what could it be?
I have a after market deck if that makes a difference? Could it be a bad ground? I'm new to the car world so any diagrams about fixing that would be great. Thanks in advance.

- Charlie

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Even if you have your alternator replaced, the belt can still be loose.

Did you wire your power lines + RCA through the same side doors? You're suppose to have the power run through the passenger and RCA and speaker through the driver side door. Or vise versa, but the battery is on the passenger side.

Edit: that's if you are running Amps to power your speakers.

Last edited:

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
Superchargahhhhh!!

You had to get that out of your system, eh Red? :lawl:

OP make sure you sanded down your grounding points to bare metal for best contact and as stated above make sure you're not running your RCA/speakers cables along side of the power or remote cable.

Macsrule15

Reaction score
^+1 except the remote wire is generally fine to run next to... but defiantly keep away from power wires... also people forget that there are usually power wires for the brake lights, fuel pump ect... running to the back too not just your amp power wire try to keep them clear of all that as well. and buy good shielded RCA's not 99c store... or even some stereo shops sell ****ty rca's...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
there's way more noisy things in the car than running wires next to wires. and cheap RCAs work just fine.

OP, did this issue start immediately after the headunit was installed?

Back