Hit and Run..Not sexy. =(

k3nnex

Reaction score
I believe here in Cali, if you are drunk and you get in an accident, you are at fault automatically, even if someone just plowed into you from behind. I THINK. Go take it to court man, someone has to pay the freakin damages

Edit: O yeah, hit and runs automatically make you at fault as well.

TheTanSedan

Reaction score
damn bro, not good at all... damn cops f*cking up ALL the time :bash:! happy b-day man ! hope u can enjoy it... :thumbsup

keep it pimpin bro, stay up :)

Roadrage

Reaction score
That is really messed up..if that was me...well lets just say my company commander would have to get me out. then bust me down to a Private

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
First things first. Report it to your insurance company right away. This claim will not cause your rates to go up if the guy backed into you and ran. Did you file a police report? Do you have a copy of said police report? Were you sitting in your car when this happened? Were you parked? If you try to sue the guy, one of the first things the court will say is that you have to "mitigate your damages" which means you need to report it to your own insurance company. Any lawyer will probably tell you this. Your insurance company will pay your claim, less a $200 uninsured motorist deductible, and pursue subrogation against the responsible party or his insurance company. If they recover from the other party, they will reimburse you the $200 UM deductible. Do you know the other guy's name and address? I'm just asking because that would tremendously help your insurance company.
If the cops did anything shady (judging from your original post they did), either you or your insurance company should report them to the FBI.

aggiEboi2k6

Reaction score
UPDATE!!! Just got the official police report from the greensboro police...after an additional investigation, they determined that i was not at fault for the accident and released the information i need to give to my insurance company to pursue getting my money for damages...however, the police report omitted the fact that the student was intoxicated and didn't stay at the scene ..so im going to get the police report from the campus police that says dude was drunk and dude fled the scene...

Back