hmm.. delima.

slow f23

Reaction score
so about a month ago, i got the tein basics. paid $880 shipped brand new.. i hate buying used stuff. anyways, i got them installed. love being lowered, but can't slam the bitch.

i'm on the lowest settings on the front, and still like 1/2 finger gap. the rears have a lot left to go low, but who wants the back lower than front?

so should i trade coilovers with someone? what.

they ride incredible, like OEM its just i want to be able to slam the bitch.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yeah if you want to go lower, you're deff going to need to go with something else. But just be aware, that you're going to lose that oem feel.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well the front, dont expect it 2 slam all the way because the fender lining is still there but i dunno, i think u should expect that from alot of coilovers... and have a finger gap is not that bad.... im lowered 2 inches and still have a whole finger and a half upfront

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Fender liners are easily removed. Either just undo the clips, or crank the coils all the way down and let the car do it.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Not to sound rude, but didn't you do the research on the tein basics that they don't go that low? If you wanted to slam the car you should've gotten a different set of coilovers.

slow f23

Reaction score
honestly, i was so excited i just purchased them lol..

i'm about to install the rears in the front, and fronts in the rear.

bahaha.

CHID0

Reaction score
For that money you could have gotten a set of Omni's. I thought basics went for like 650 shipped.

What was left of my left fender lining came off on 93 S last week, so needless to say if you're thinking about slamming or even coming close to that fender linings are gonna have to come off or be modified.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
front to back and back to front.... WHAAT????

:ugh: no. comment.

MikeyMike seems to be having a similar problem with not being able to go low enough on his Tein SS's. And he spend a boatload of money with the EDFC module too...

Back