Holy expensive? Timing Belt Quote

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Wow... didn't know this thread would carry one and have so much good info. NICE.

Well I am slowly putting away the money for the belt.... as I stated, my car is a 2000 v6.... 101k. I'm hoping to get it done before 110k miles...

Yeah do save up, also...the easier you are on the car. The easier you are on the belt...:thumbsup:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Wow... didn't know this thread would carry one and have so much good info. NICE.

Well I am slowly putting away the money for the belt.... as I stated, my car is a 2000 v6.... 101k. I'm hoping to get it done before 110k miles...

Well, according to the manual it should be done every 60K miles.
But many people (including myself) has gone past that without changing the T. belt.
The price that was quoted to you was pretty high, but hey...what do you expect from a dealer.
Personally, if I ever what to know what will be the max charge for something, I will go to the dealer. Then I can usually get an idea of what something should be and what the max cost could be.
Most places (local mechanics) will charge maybe between $400-$600
The timing belt is pretty inexpensive, but teh Water pump can be a little pricey.

Good Luck

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
Well, according to the manual it should be done every 60K miles.
But many people (including myself) has gone past that without changing the T. belt.
The price that was quoted to you was pretty high, but hey...what do you expect from a dealer.
Personally, if I ever what to know what will be the max charge for something, I will go to the dealer. Then I can usually get an idea of what something should be and what the max cost could be.
Most places (local mechanics) will charge maybe between $400-$600
The timing belt is pretty inexpensive, but teh Water pump can be a little pricey.

Good Luck
If you read your manual closely the 60k change interval is under severe conditions. Other than severe it just need to be changed every 105k.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
If you read your manual closely the 60k change interval is under severe conditions. Other than severe it just need to be changed every 105k.

on 4-4 it says to replace the timing belt every 60 Months (5yrs) and 60K miles

pagect.jpg

finch13

Reaction score
AllData and my owner's manual say 7 years or 105,000 miles.

Honda used to have a service interval of 60k on the belts (5th gen and older accords), but I believe all their belts are EPDM rubber now.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
AllData and my owner's manual say 7 years or 105,000 miles.

Honda used to have a service interval of 60k on the belts (5th gen and older accords), but I believe all their belts are EPDM rubber now.

Hmmm
Maybe so....

So what would be the recommend service on the timing belt for the 8th gen?

All this confusion makes me glad I have a timing chain in my truck

cl206

Reaction score
To the OP, I got my v6 done (granted this was 3 years ago at about 107K miles) at a dealership. They did the timing belt, water pump, seals and associated belts and it was 670 (I think original quote was 800). BUT I had a coupon. The quote you got is high imo. A lot of dealers send out coupons and specials. If a coupon of some kind like 10-15% was applied to your quote then I would say it is more reasonable for a dealer. You gotta shop around. The 400 you were hoping to spend at a dealership "might" have been possible if yours is a 4 cylinder. There is more work involved for a V6.

Last edited:
Back