HomerJay's 2001 Accord Coupe EX (56K) [UPDATED 9/30/2018!!]

HomerJay

Reaction score
Sent off the engine mounts to Innovative to give them a fresh powder coat.

Before:

engine_mounts.jpg

After:

recoated_mounts.jpg

Since I have a spare oil pan lying around and because I'm working in a rather tight garage, I made a couple of engine carts so that the engine would be more manageable.

engine_cart_cnc.jpg

engine_cart.jpg

engine_on_cart.jpg

Last edited:

HomerJay

Reaction score
Finally finished getting the struts together. Thankfully, the Koni warranty is amazing. As a result, she's not only getting new springs, but new shocks, too! Anyone trying to install poly bumpers (at the top of the struts), good luck on the fronts!! What a complete pain!!

finished_struts_v2.jpg

cg4ever

Reaction score
Finally finished getting the struts together. Thankfully, the Koni warranty is amazing. As a result, she's not only getting new springs, but new shocks, too! Anyone trying to install poly bumpers (at the top of the struts), good luck on the fronts!! What a complete pain!!

finished_struts_v2.jpg

Still amaze me how those tiny circlip can hold the entire spring load and pressure...

Other than that it's a bit difficult to see but it seems that you're using the upper groove on both dampers ?

If you don't mind could you tell me how many mm there is between the upper and bottom grooves on both dampers ? and eventually the outer diameter of the dampers ? from my source it should be 41.9~42mm but if you could confirm that would be appreciated.

Edit : Just found some informations, front grooves are 15mm apart and rear 25. Still would like to know the outer diameter of the damper.

Also notice that the Neuspeed springs goes very low, 50.5/50 mm. Normally those dampers are advised to not be used with springs lower than 40mm. So once you ride with them i would like to have your feedback and if you're bottom out with such lowering. Your feedback will be appreciated and helpful.

Last edited:

HomerJay

Reaction score
Still amaze me how those tiny circlip can hold the entire spring load and pressure...

Other than that it's a bit difficult to see but it seems that you're using the upper groove on both dampers ?

It's always a bit sketchy to compress the springs. Although, this time around the worst issue was due to the poly bushings I decided to use.

I'm using the upper on front and rears based on the assumption that they're meant to be set like that for an even ride. I know they couldn't be set to the lower for the rears, though. On the lower groove in the rear, the spring wouldn't be under tension between the seat and cap.

If you don't mind could you tell me how many mm there is between the upper and bottom grooves on both dampers ? and eventually the outer diameter of the dampers ? from my source it should be 41.9~42mm but if you could confirm that would be appreciated.

Edit : Just found some informations, front grooves are 15mm apart and rear 25. Still would like to know the outer diameter of the damper.

I'm using the upper grooves on both front and rears. I'll measure the exact measurements when I get back to the car. The struts are now in the trunk waiting for installation. They are different from the struts I had before. There were multiple grooves on both front and rear shocks that were sent into Koni. The latest shocks only have two grooves.

Also notice that the Neuspeed springs goes very low, 50.5/50 mm. Normally those dampers are advised to not be used with springs lower than 40mm. So once you ride with them i would like to have your feedback and if you're bottom out with such lowering. Your feedback will be appreciated and helpful.
I'm not sure which shocks are intended for the Neuspeed springs based on the numbers you've provided. I'm pretty sure the shocks I received from Koni are the same as are sold by Neuspeed. Per the Neuspeed website: "We recommend using Koni Sport Shocks." Considering I'm using the upper grooves, I'm not sure I'm going to see the full lowering as stated on the spring specs.

Back