Honda Recall???

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Okay, so my grandfather informed that there is a recall on my car (99 Coupe F23A1) after his Odyssey was called in for a Recall on the brakes, not sure what the recall is but i thought for those who roam this often enough they would care to know.

im not sure what the recall is, think it was something with the ignition switch??? ive got an appointment with the Honda Dealership i bought my car from for wednesday 8:30am when my grandfather is getting his taken care of as well.

ill edit later what the issue was, also please post if you have been called for something similar recently.

Thanks

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
i got a letter in mail, airbags, i gotta take it in mine is a 02 coupe se

www.ahm-ownerlink.com --> create account, put vin in...

this will bring up all inputted service records for you car and you can add to it, it will show all work done/when btw i actually have 2 recalls

H&P here:
1. Bridgestone has decided that certain tires listed below fail to conform to the high-speed test requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 109. The tires identified herein may develop a fast wear or tread chunk condition. After a period of time in service, the vehicle may develop a vibration felt through the steering wheel or floor of the vehicles. These tires will retain air pressure thus maintaining the structural integrity of the tires.

Description:
Turanza EL41

Tire:
P195/65R15

Serial Numbers:
Y7 9N PVD 458, Y7 9N PVD 468

and 2. This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

What is the reason for this notice?
Honda Motor Co., Ltd., has determined that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 1998-99 Accords and 1999 Odysseys with automatic transmissions.

Limited batches of an ignition switch component do not have sufficient surface hardness. If the ignition switch in your vehicle contains this defective component, the switch may wear excessively and prevent proper interlock operation. The interlock ensures the transmission is in Park before the ignition key can be removed. Interlock failure may allow the ignition key to be removed when the gear selector lever is not in Park. If you do not set the parking brake when you park, the vehicle could roll and a crash could occur.

and for those who didnt read through the BS, stock sized tires and autotragic's suck... theres your synopsis :coffee:

Back