Hood won't close

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
After putting on my new 01-02 bumper my hood won't close. It'll lock in place but won't stay there. It gets stuck in the position where when you pull the pop hood lever inside the car. Any thief can steal anything in my engine bay and I'm worried about my hood opening while I'm driving. Here's a video

Warning: I never washed my stock hood since i bought the car so don't tell me its dirty, I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQ1GpaFuyI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
The car has never been in an accident. It worked fine with my 98 bumper and now it won't close. I'll adjust the latch tomorrow and see if that does the trick.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is the tension spring free of dirt/grime? Sometimes they get to the point where you have to manually push the latch back down so the hood will lock. Course if this started only after the bumper swap then I'd say it might need adjusting.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Probably an adjustment issue.

OR, the 01-02 hood doesn't like to be put on an older car.........:coffee:

01-02 parts have a habit of being a bit snooty when it comes to being used on the 98-00 Accords.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Probably an adjustment issue.

OR, the 01-02 hood doesn't like to be put on an older car.........:coffee:

01-02 parts have a habit of being a bit snooty when it comes to being used on the 98-00 Accords.

IIRC, when I had the coupe CF hood on my 6G I had to adjust the latch down because it was latching much too high and there was a giant gap. Thinking OP just needs to adjust it up about 1/4".

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Justin I had to do the same before. Hit the latch with a rubber mallet or you may need to adjust the hood where it bolts into the car.

Back