Horn issue

baerj1

Reaction score
well i can't post the diagram right now but check fuse 47 under the hood should be a 20amp basicly your horn switch grounds the relay circut via a light green and blue wire and clicks your relay

Audiobox

Reaction score
well i can't post the diagram right now but check fuse 47 under the hood should be a 20amp basicly your horn switch grounds the relay circut via a light green and blue wire and clicks your relay

I'll swap the fuse tomorrow and see if that does anything, little late at the moment, lol. Thanks for the info!

GravitySucks

Reaction score
Multiplex is a good size white or blue box that is connected with the fuse box on the driver side. OEM multiplexes are white, others are blue, and its not uncommon for them to go out. Problem is trying to find one. From Honda, they're fairly expensive. Also around my area, most have been taken from cars in the junk yard, so I'd recommend making sure it is the multiplex before replacing it.

HomerJay

Reaction score
If you determine it is the multiplex, make sure to get the same one you have (brand and part#). From what I have read, there are different versions for each trim level. They are listed under "Control Unit (Cabin)" in online Honda stores in case you want to know the number that came with your car.

They are pricey; I paid $125 + S/H for my driver's side recently. I was very glad it fixed my issue because I couldn't figure what else it could be given the strange behavior (my dash lights were out; if I disconnected the gauge cluster my heater lights would come back on). Also, when I turned off my headlights the odometer would light; turn on the headlights and the odometer light went out.

Audiobox

Reaction score
So I checked out fuse 47 under the hood and its fine, not blown. Im gonna go with the Multiplex Unit as my issue now since the horn and dash lights are both not working.

For now im just going to wire my horn up to a push button so it will pass inspection, lol. Then i'll start the hunt for a 5 speed DX 4 door driverside multiplex unit, lol.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out and posted info! I learned alot! And when I do replace the multiplex i'll do up a DIY just to have, lol.

Thanks again!

Audiobox

Reaction score
So after bypassing the multiplex and wiring in a push button my horn now works again, lol. Will work until I can fix it properly!

Thanks to all who posted.

Latest posts

Back