How bad is a P1259 code?

Honda Importz01

Reaction score
That is the vtec malfunction code. I just got that light today and my car topped out at 4 grand. So it wouldnt let me go into VTEC. and the only thing ive done to the car was cut the stock muffler and resisnator off so it sounded better than stock lmao. But now if i go into vtec after i clear the code it comes back on. What can i do to fix my vtec problem? This is an 01 Accord EX Sedan.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Change your damn oil, that code gets thrown when your low on oil and you cant build oil pressure for VTEC to actuate.

Jeffro

Reaction score
What he said ^^^^

And search is your friend :) Here's the same topic of discussion: Clicky

Honda Importz01

Reaction score
i read that and thats excatly my problem. So i need to change my oil? or do i just check if its low?

Jeffro

Reaction score
Honda Importz01 said:
i read that and thats excatly my problem. So i need to change my oil? or do i just check if its low?

Checking if its low is a good start... Changing it probably wouldn't hurt either, especially if you're getting close to that time anyway. If you aren't too familiar, there's a sticky on here too that tells you how to reset that light as well if you aren't sure...

Honda Importz01

Reaction score
i reset it all the time at autozone and when ever i race someone and go into vtec this **** happens all the time.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
wowwwwwwwww.....like said 3 times now..check your oil..your either leaking, burning or haven't changed it in a longgggggggggg time

Honda Importz01

Reaction score
alright its all good now. But now when i turn my radio on it says code. Because i took my battery off for like 5 mineuetes and put it back on, now all it says is code. Anyone know why this tme?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need the Honda factory code to reset it. I think you have to go to the dealer for that.

Jeffro

Reaction score
If it's your factory stereo, then it is equipped with anti-theft, so you need the code for it to get it to work...

Back