How can we get 6thgen more activity?

Chris Catignani

Reaction score
Hello! First time poster and new owner of 2001 Honda Accord EX-V6 (77K).
I have already looked up a fix for the passenger window not rolling up.
....more questions to follow.

Last edited:

sunroof

Reaction score
Damn!! that stupid facebook is like a drug!! i have been a victim of it these past few months lol, it's just so many people on there!!! and it's sooooo convenient too!!! lol, but I have had my CG for a few months now, so I will be here more often now.

Nismode

Reaction score
Man talk about a throwback from the past…a random activity email brought me back here. But yea. Forums are relic now for the current younger generation. My old 6th Gen brought me through college and HS before I traded it in for my TSX. These cars are classics now (literally…they would qualify now because the 98-99 are more than 25 years old and can get a “Historical” vehicle plate in certain states), and many folks aren’t joining forums anymore.

Evon Trizmo

Reaction score
It's funny you say that because next year I actually am getting historic plates for my 2000 EX V6 because I've put less than 1000 miles on it in the last 5 years. It's bone stock, all original and in mint condition. Plus being from Ohio, and actually having the old lady work at MEI on the Honda campus in Marysville, the car draws a ton of positive attention and that's a big reason why I'm preserving it.

Anyways for what it's worth, I haven't been on the forums in probably 10 years but the few e-mails I get over the years with interesting thread titles brings me back for a visit.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Man talk about a throwback from the past…a random activity email brought me back here. But yea. Forums are relic now for the current younger generation. My old 6th Gen brought me through college and HS before I traded it in for my TSX. These cars are classics now (literally…they would qualify now because the 98-99 are more than 25 years old and can get a “Historical” vehicle plate in certain states), and many folks aren’t joining forums anymore.

Brandon! I still have the Rotora BBK I bought from you, though sadly cannot do anything with it after they left everyone hanging out to dry when they switched all their kits to 2pc rotors and provided zero 1pc rotor support. I tried researching options but nothing I found was reasonable to adapt.

Yeah, I have considered historic plates haha.

How is the TSX treating you? I have thought about getting an 09-13 wagon but wife says we don't need a 4th car. :lawl:

It's funny you say that because next year I actually am getting historic plates for my 2000 EX V6 because I've put less than 1000 miles on it in the last 5 years. It's bone stock, all original and in mint condition. Plus being from Ohio, and actually having the old lady work at MEI on the Honda campus in Marysville, the car draws a ton of positive attention and that's a big reason why I'm preserving it.

Anyways for what it's worth, I haven't been on the forums in probably 10 years but the few e-mails I get over the years with interesting thread titles brings me back for a visit.

Your location shows you live in Marblehead? My family and I rented a house in Lakeside community 2 years ago. Was a neat area.

I looked up the mileage restriction for historic plates once but forget now what it was. I go between my two cars though so maybe it wouldn't be a factor. Post back up when you get them!

Evon Trizmo

Reaction score
Marblehead or more precisely, Danbury township is correct and my Accord's main home.

Historic plates in Ohio are pretty restrictive from what the BMV lady told me, no real mileage limits but the car can only be driven to car shows, gas stations and repair shops and nothing else. Now who, what, where, how, when, why they enforce those laws, who knows? She didn't know either.

I travel all over the state for work. Next time you pass by the islands, stop by and experience a stock all original Accord, weirdly shifting all original probably dying automatic transmission and all haha!

Nismode

Reaction score
Brandon! I still have the Rotora BBK I bought from you, though sadly cannot do anything with it after they left everyone hanging out to dry when they switched all their kits to 2pc rotors and provided zero 1pc rotor support. I tried researching options but nothing I found was reasonable to adapt.

Yeah, I have considered historic plates haha.

How is the TSX treating you? I have thought about getting an 09-13 wagon but wife says we don't need a 4th car. :lawl:

Your location shows you live in Marblehead? My family and I rented a house in Lakeside community 2 years ago. Was a neat area.

I looked up the mileage restriction for historic plates once but forget now what it was. I go between my two cars though so maybe it wouldn't be a factor. Post back up when you get them!
3 cars! Dang living the life haha. Throwback from the past. Sucks that Rotora did you dirty like that. The TSX has been gone for a while sadly, I miss it. Been through the following cars since then:

2004 Acura TSX - found another TSX same spec (6MT carbon grey pearl on black) with half the miles after the first one got totaled.

2000 Hyundai Santa Fe (picked up for super cheap, sad I let it go), was an awesome and reliable and comfy beater vehicle

2005 Mazda 6s V6 5-door 5mt - powerful but ended up being a huge money pit. From wheel/tire issues to a broken clutch cable, water pump failure, and bad brake job from the dealer.

2014 Tesla Model S P85 - got bit by the EV bug after I started working for them in 2015. Fun factor is def there but it’s literally the perfect daily/work car. Space, power, speed, luxury, and low maintenance.

I’m itching for the right 1st gen R53 Mini Cooper S 6mt convertible for a fun weather car since I moved to Houston this year… and I really want a Rivian R1T haha

F23AJDM

Reaction score
I still get emails from 6th gen accord. I hope everyone is well , some user names are familiar. I wonder how many of you guys still have your 6th gen accord . Great to see some 2008-2012 faces still active on here.

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score
I meant relative to platforms people modified/built on. Compared to the Civic, Integra, Impreza, 240SX, etc the 6GA community was abysmal. I went to Import Alliance for many years and the only people that had 6GA's were members from here that I went with haha. Even then there were only like 6 of us.

But yes as just a typical car owner's commuter car (people who don't mod cars), there were many 6GA's of course. Though if you still see many around on the roads that's amazing, I literally hardly ever see any. And if I do see one, I wish I hadn't. :lawl:

Hey RedRyder!

Just wanted to pop in to say hello. 6GA was my first car and I remember the community and you were always helping everyone out!

Still lurking from time to time :)

Back