How did you wire your subwoofer?

riCewu

Reaction score
How did you wire your subwoofer?

Where did you wire it to/through? Firewall? Fender? Custom drilled hole?

Be as detailed as possible and provide pictures if possible.

Don't forget the 5 W's, who; what; when; where; why? Oh and the [H]ow?

Reason for this topic, I need to find a nice way to wire my amp as well it may help other people out.

I'm stuck looking at present holes, but can't find any entry/exits through them and there are wires already there but I'm still having trouble.

dvilla5506

Reaction score
i drilled a hole rite next to the brake booster...big enough to fit a 4ga wire and i put a grommet

Last edited:

riCewu

Reaction score
i drilled a hole rite next to the brake booster...big enough to fit a 4ga wire and i put a grommet i dont have any pics rite now its too dark but il send u one 2m if u wanna see

Yeah that would be great! Was it hard to drill a hole that tight in? I have a V6 and its really cluttered under there.

dvilla5506

Reaction score
not really no but idk bout the v6 i got a 4banger....got some pics to show let me load em up
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
There is a hole in the firewall that has a plastic plug in it already...

Look down in the drivers footwell not too far above the gas pedal you will see some foamy stuff.. you should see a circle cut out in it...but the actual circle piece may still be there... pull that out and you will be at the back of the plastic plug...

This is all from memory..been a while since I've looked or dealt with this....but I can get a pic or two tomorrow since I will be running new wires and such

riCewu

Reaction score
There is a hole in the firewall that has a plastic plug in it already...

Look down in the drivers footwell not too far above the gas pedal you will see some foamy stuff.. you should see a circle cut out in it...but the actual circle piece may still be there... pull that out and you will be at the back of the plastic plug...

This is all from memory..been a while since I've looked or dealt with this....but I can get a pic or two tomorrow since I will be running new wires and such

That would be totally awesome! May I ask if you are running a 4Cylinder or V6?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
V6

arm just to the left is the very top of the gas pedal
IMG_2494.jpg

to the right of the hole is the brake booster... you can see the plastic plug that is normally there, i drilled a hole in it and ran my wire thru it but that will be replaced with a grommet hopefully today
IMG_2495.jpg

Last edited:

riCewu

Reaction score
V6

arm just to the left is the very top of the gas pedal
IMG_2494.jpg

to the right of the hole is the brake booster... you can see the plastic plug that is normally there, i drilled a hole in it and ran my wire thru it but that will be replaced with a grommet hopefully today
IMG_2495.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures, I will have to take a look at that later ..

Back