How do you flush out the clutch fluid?

BigAnt

Reaction score
Like the title says I want to know how you flush the clutch fluid. I looked at mine today it's a blackish-brown color.

Thanks ahead.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Same as brakes just easier. You can suck out most the old fluid out of the resevoir, put in clean stuff, then press the brake pedal hold it then crack the valve on the slave cylinder open have the fluid come out, close it again then let go of the brake pedal. Checking to make sure the resevoir always has enough fluid and doesn't let air get in.

You can get one of those cool one way check valves to make it easier since you'll only need one the job will be easy and inexpensive.

Just get some good quality brke flud for the clutch and thats pretty much it :)
I guess you can use those pressure machines but I usually dont.

BigAnt

Reaction score
Same as brakes just easier. You can suck out most the old fluid out of the resevoir, put in clean stuff, then press the brake pedal hold it then crack the valve on the slave cylinder open have the fluid come out, close it again then let go of the brake pedal. Checking to make sure the resevoir always has enough fluid and doesn't let air get in.

You can get one of those cool one way check valves to make it easier since you'll only need one the job will be easy and inexpensive.

Just get some good quality brke flud for the clutch and thats pretty much it :)
I guess you can use those pressure machines but I usually dont.

do you mean push on the clutch pedal? where is slave cylinder located for a 4cyl?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
do you mean push on the clutch pedal? where is slave cylinder located for a 4cyl?

On the transmission itself. Right behind the radiator, right below and in front the starter, you can follow the hydrolic lines. I could take a picture if you still cant find it. :driving:

9450erick

Reaction score
picture.php

it looks like this. u really cant miss it
the little bleed screw is the little one to the right of this pic

acedomain

Reaction score
make sure that you have enough brake fluid kept in the resevoir the whole time that you bleed the clutch.....you will need a friend to help you so get ready to buy him a beer:beer2:

Fuzz

Reaction score
Step one... Remove the Cap from the Res.

1.. Top of Fluid.
2.. Put a pan underneeth the bleeder so the fluid can drip into it.
3.. Crack open the bleeder valve... might have to use some heat if it is stuck, dont force a lot, you dont want to snap it.

4. Let the fluid gravity bleed
5. Keep toping up the fluid at the top until its all flushed. Don't let the res get empty.
6. Close the Bleeder Screw. Test your pedal.

UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMEONE HELPING YOU... OR A SPEED BLEEDER, DO NOT PUMP THE CLUTCH PEDAL. What will happen is when you pump, it will shoot the fluid out, and when you release, it will such in air at the slave.

Fuzz

Reaction score
I forgot to add... IF you have someone helping you...

Open the Bleeder... Let it drip for about 10 minutes... then.. close the bleeder.

Press the Pedal, hold it down... have someone open the bleeder... the fluid will shoot out. Close the Bleeder.. Pump the clutch pedal a few times... hold it down... open the bleeder... etc, repeat a few times.

If you don't have anyone helping you, just let it drip for a while.. 15 or 20 minutes or until you see the fluid go back to clear.

Back