How long?

capsidx

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting threads, I feel like I should apologize although thats what the forum is here for. I was wondering how long it took some of you guys to get your car where it was today. Also, was it a box when you got it, and what made you decide to invest the time and money into it? Trying to learn different perspectives and hear some stories. And maybe :pics-stfu: :ehcapt:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Started mine about 4 years ago it was my wifes car when we met. It was a mechanics daughters car(before my wife owned it) so it was in awesome shape in and out. I fell in love with it for some reason(I guess it was soo damn reliable) and started to mod it. Also I like the fact that people generally don't mod these cars like civics or integras. I was never really concerned about making it fast just nice to the eye. But now its nice and I'm going to give it the hp it needs.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Coming up on 6 years in December. First car. Paint/clearcoat fade, reliable, V6 power, interior was almost flawless. Drove it through my last year of high school, then into college. Took some damage in both of those lots. Then I got it painted, put some civic fogs in the bumper, and tinted the tailights. Then I found this site, my freshman year of college. I then made the terrible financial decision to start modifying it. Started with two stickers, and stayed like that for a while, along with the other mods. Then came suspension, TL Wheels, and then it all went downhill. Started venturing into different areas, and now I'm here with a bunch of parts and a lot of knowledge for this chassis. I will say this, you will not much of these modified really anywhere. I'm the only coupe I know of in my area that really has much done. But when I started and found this site, I saw the J32 6MT swap and that was a dream. And right now im in the middle of mine. So it does pay off.

The car really is a champ.
-Has made multiple long road trips
-70,000 miles of mostly trouble-free times
-5 sets of wheels for the car
-3 sets of suspension
-One body issue repair
-Multiple other items and so on
--I'm still suprised the stock automatic has held on for 70,000 miles with no added fluid, no drain/fills, anything. That still shocks me.

AqVwTTq.jpg

Then to this

wYtG7CH.jpg

Coils/Wheels/OEM Lip

mw2n3ra.jpg

HFP/Retros

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Sold the HFPs/TL's back on/Exhaust/S2000 Steering Wheel etc..

Accord Falls 8 by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Rotiform NUE's/Powertrix Arms/etc......

6GA 3 by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

New Lenses/BC Coils etc...

IMG_2441 by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

You can see some of the photography progression too

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
That's a clean looking car bro, congrats. The investment definitely paid off :). I have yet to see a modded 6ga in person, especially the sedan which I have. I guess now that I it the ricer stuff out of the way I'll go for a clean stock look because love the way these cars were designed. Although I must say I really like the coupe as it reminds me of a mini nsx lol. Also 604, good thing you saved the car from a junk yard or something. It's always nice to see someone at a younger age making one of these look baller. Your ride is clean as well and doesn't venture too far from the stock look. Congrats as well.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I bought mine with 74k miles in January 2007. I actually wanted a black one but found this one in too good of shape to pass up (later found out it had been rear ended but the work was done right for the most part). Just to have leather and a sunroof (and a tachometer lol) to me was huge, coming from my 1994 Taurus the Accord was better in every way (practically as much room too). And of course I always wanted one due to the NSX-ish rear end. I drove it for around 1.5 years without doing much to it...then I found this forum in 2008 and all hell broke loose. First I added OEM stuff my car didn't have like floormats, 6-disc changer, muffler tips, lip kit, foglights, etc....then I started with the aftermarket stuff. Main reason for modding is I can't stand to drive a stock car that just looks like any other one out on the road. So yeah, been driving/modding this thing for almost a freakin decade.

The car now has 195,000 miles (drivetrain has about half that), it's gotten 6 sets of wheels, 3 suspension setups, 2 sets of seats, 3 sets of headlights, 2 brake setups, a motor/trans swap...and countless other touches. The auto was still working "normally" at 133,000 miles when I took it out, sold it and the motor for $200. :lawl: But this swap is easily the best thing I ever did...the joy other mods bring doesn't always last but driving it puts a smile on my face all the time.

Anyway it's been in too many stages to post process pics, but here's a 'then and now'.

A couple months after buying it:

DSC03473_zps56ffb1c1.jpg

As of yesterday:

758618be-c08b-4f69-99dd-ae69623aa506.jpg

You might like looking through the below thread, has member 'then and now' photos.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42468&highlight=january

Also I like the fact that people generally don't mod these cars like civics or integras.

Amen. I hate the lack of good aftermarket support, but I like the exclusivity of a properly done up 6GA. I rarely see any where I live that aren't ragged, same for sedans.

Although I must say I really like the coupe as it reminds me of a mini nsx lol.

Probably the biggest reason any coupe owner bought one...I've heard that said on this site so many times over the years. Including myself just now haha.

Btw nothing wrong with starting new threads for the most part, just read the rules before you do. :) It's nice to get some discussion going, there used to be much more of that.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
I love how much better your accord looks without certain things like the wing. Most people always add stuff but almost never subtract. It looks clean AF :yuno: and is one of my inspirations for my build. I know we discussed performance before but being stubborn i'm going to do an engine swap and transmission swap and keep the old stuff as back ups just in case. A far as looks go ill be doing my very first external mods today. Ill start with the window visors and go from there :). The interior mods ive done so far is a fuel cutoff switch which is hidden (kill switch), footwell LED's, the switch for the led's is next to my non working cruise control, and I changed all the bulbs to those LED ones which isnt really a mod lol. Also, I just say sorry for posting as well because I'm usually the outcast in a forum because I always try to get discussions going and get the community involved more in any way I can. I know I just got here but when I get home from work Im practically living on this forum lol as creepy as that is. Ill be a supporting member starting next week as well. But as far as my car goes I hope you all dont mind me stealing inspiration here and there :waytogo:

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Keep up the posting its what Its all about. I too live on this damn forum lol, it's really started to slow down since I first joined cars are getting old most move on but I will say I will never sell this car I love it and it's too reliable ha!! I should support to I never really though about it but I'm going to so we can keep her rolling!!

capsidx

Reaction score
Aside from it being full of awesome content that would take months to look through (arguable) lol you can pull resources from people who have been there and done that. Sometimes Google and websites just can't cut it. I love being able to ask for help but we also have to realize when we're asking for an opinion and asking for help lol

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got my accord when I was 20ish with inheritance from the passing of my grandmother. I was starting college, my old car was crapping out, it was new(er) and reliable for me to start college with.

First things I did were wheels and tires, then a magnaflow catback, then coilovers, slowly did some exterior mods, etc. Pieced together an oem lip kit, a new top & bottom end for the engine, 5lug/rear disc swap....

After 10yrs on the road and 100k+ miles, I started a 5spd swap that I never finished b/c the body was shot by that point. However, in that span of time, I did nearly everything myself, learned a ton which helped me to land the job I have now, met a bunch of the *******s on these forums and have some awesome memories to show for it.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7337

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9374

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24586

capsidx

Reaction score
Are you still driving that 6GA or have you moved on? I noticed you said the body was shot. Like RedRyder you kept the clean look and made that car look mint AF and didnt go full rice :waytogo:

Back