How many people have autos and how many have 5-speeds

What transmission do you have in your Accord?

• Automatic Four Speed

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • Manual Five Speed

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I love my PSPEC. It's the same kit as the 97-01 Prelude. You can order just the lever and reuse everything you already have. I'ts the best money I've ever spent on my car, hands down. And the fact that next to no one has it is a plus as well.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I love my PSPEC. It's the same kit as the 97-01 Prelude. You can order just the lever and reuse everything you already have. I'ts the best money I've ever spent on my car, hands down. And the fact that next to no one has it is a plus as well.
I just wish it was cheaper. I love the fact that it is so complete. Matching boot and knob so it just looks right as well as everything else. I'm debating though, someone flaked on my ebay lip and refunded me, i do have some cash to spend.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
All I can tell you is it's the best money I've spent on my car, period. I love the feel of shifting now as opposed to the four foot long shift. The flex of the lever is also greatly reduced:D

Reaction score
New to the forum but I have a 99 sedan ex 5 speed. Black with light gray cloth. Has an AEM intake and thats it. Want to get a short shift adapter but thats it. The car isn't made for speed. For that I have a 94 firebird that has a little work done ;) .

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of yours? Also is it an actual shifter or is it an adapter like all the others I've seen? I saw a DC sports one on ebay but didn't win it. Are the other ones just as good or are they like a lot of things on ebay for hondas..

Jeffro

Reaction score
The Pspec is the shaft and everything, the adapters are mostly the same. I did about 6 months worth of research, and other than people saying to get pspec, no one had an opinion about the adapters themselves. I got a DC sports, and then cut about 2 1/4" of my shifter and I love it, although I don't hardly notice the difference anymore, either. I guess I need to drive someones stock 6th gen 5-speed so I can compare! Easy to do, too. I did I write up on the adapter in the DIY section if you want to see what you have to do. The Pspec would be a little more work, but immortal will tell you they are worth the $200 or whatever...

Also, I tried to get a pspec and I couldn't get the guy to reply to my e-mails, so good luck if you do go that route. Maybe you'll have more luck!

Reaction score
Yeah I have been checking out this site a lot of the past couple months and read up a lot. Anytime I get a car I always want to look at problems and things that are available for them. Not that I'm gonna strap on a turbo or do nitrous just seeing what is available. This is my daily driver, but it could use a little more power. I just don't really like the shifter. Not only is it tall but it seems to flex a lot and fell kina plasticy. I have a stereo and I have 17's for the summer, but other than that I think I'm going to tint it and do the short shifter and maybe a front lip but who knows lol. I just know that its not a good investment to do too much to a car. I dumped $6,000 in parts for my firebird, and I can't even get $5,000 for it. It sucks, but we don't do it for the money I guess lol.

Latest posts

Back