How many people have autos and how many have 5-speeds

What transmission do you have in your Accord?

• Automatic Four Speed

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • Manual Five Speed

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I can defineatly vouch for DC's products as my bro's car has the short shifter adapters and i drive it alot. It does the job for sure, short shifts as most short shifters, etc. They don't feel quite as good as a true short shifter though. I might buy the dc if i find some cheap or else i'm going to stick with my cut shifter till i can afford better.

Jeffro

Reaction score
From the center:

(6 1/2" in Neutral)
5 1/4" 3rd Gear
8 1/4" 4th Gear
5 3/4" tall (after 2 1/4" cut, stock is 8"!!!)

3" of throw from top to bottom. Sounds the same as the PSpec. I think the PSpec is just shorter in height since you replaced the shaft as well, and I was limited to how far I could thread because of the bend in the stock shaft.

What are the measurements on a stock shifter?

I know that only having a cut shifter doesn't make the throws a whole lot different. There was quite a shortening effect when I went from just having one cut to having the DC Adapter. At least now we have a reference in comparison. Now we just need someone to measure their stock throws to verify that!

Also, I know a common problem with DC Sports Adapters (and every other adapter) is that they usually hit the edge in 5th gear, which is a problem I've never had with mine? Oh well, I don't mind it working properly!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Every word from Totalimmortal is true... enough good things can't be said about the PSPEC. I also ordered the 97-01 prelude model. Works like a charm.

I had the DC Sports adaptor on another 6th gen for a couple years, and thought it was nice while I had it. When I took it off, I couldn't believe what I had been missing! Everything about the PSPEC kit is just... beautiful. Even strangers who see the kit tell me how sexy my stock shifter is. I just agree and smile. :D

_MG_39032.jpg

jccg5

Reaction score
auto hurr..and proud of it for now soon will swap in 5sp and slap a h22

Sonnick

Reaction score
AFAccord said:
Every word from Totalimmortal is true... enough good things can't be said about the PSPEC. I also ordered the 97-01 prelude model. Works like a charm.

I had the DC Sports adaptor on another 6th gen for a couple years, and thought it was nice while I had it. When I took it off, I couldn't believe what I had been missing! Everything about the PSPEC kit is just... beautiful. Even strangers who see the kit tell me how sexy my stock shifter is. I just agree and smile. :D

_MG_39032.jpg
The PSPEC is very nice. I agree ;)

CHID0

Reaction score
4spd auto soon to be 5spd manual - hopefully.....

Nemo619

Reaction score
I guess I'm atthe middle of the road. My 00' is 5spd EX and my wife's 02' is an auto SE.

Back