How much is this gonna cost me to fix?

redlinevtec

Reaction score
I did call but they said its like nothing happen, there no point to file a claim or such...

949, but thanks though..

@fastflyinaccord: I learn my lesson..

I'm 949 also. Is your car drivable? lmk if you need help if you don't go through insurance or your estimates are going to be crazy.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I notice you moved some things to take your pics, I wouldn't suggest messing around with things too much, if you are not sure what may be damaged, and if it was once repairable (according to insurance), something you may have moved/adjusted could make things worse, and the car ends up being written off.

I would be surprised if it wasn't to be honest, I have seen less damage done, and the car was written off, but hopefully, you don't have any issues with your insurance company.

Needless to say, you are at fault, through your admission in this thread, and the fact that you have front end damage, that doesn't usually go too well with insurance companies.

Keep us posted though, do hope things work out for you and you can get the car fixed and good as new.

dtraill27

Reaction score
I would say atleast 4k thats about how much mine was in a similar collision with less damage back in the summer of 09

djmerkone

Reaction score
it doesnt look good. from what i see can see this is what im saying.

new hood
new bumper
new headlights
radiator support
bumper beam
probably radiator
brackets under headlights

you really gotta take it to a shop and get an estimate so they can get a good look at all the damage behind the bumper and all. it will be a couple grand im thinking.

my thoughts exactly. Its really not THAT bad from the looks of it. You can get most of this stuff really cheap from a certifit or something, if there is one in your area, then have someone put it on for you and paint it. Usually, obtaining the parts on your own can be cheaper, but the radiator and radiator support are definately replaceable, and your car seems that it would drive just fine. Dont trash it. Good luck.

JEER42

Reaction score
Shop around, looks like there is no frame damage. That should not cost more than 3k. That's not that bad.

hunt98accord

Reaction score
I had nearly the same thing happen to one of my cars only my insurance payed. I handled it my self for 1500 but my radiator wasn't busted and my best friend is excellent at paint jobs. junk yard! Get a donor car.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It's all doable if you can do it yourself, and the frame is not bent. If the frame is bent then it will never be the same again, and you may as well total it with your insurance.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Ive repaired way worse than that. Yours is a pretty easy fix.

Get everything used except things u cant find.

The bumper beam looks like its okay

Ur ac condensor looks fine
Ur horn looks fine

U only need one headlight

Hood and hood latch

Radiator cores are cheap in the junk yard

Ur plastic bumper cover is cheap

Radiators are 70 shipped on ebay

The only thing that will be hard will be removing and installing the core. Once that is in place u will have to kinda tweak the hood latch a bit to close. U will have to recharge ur ac since u will be removing all that to get the core out.

I kinda miss repairing collision vehicles, i just finished my new DD. Kinda rushed it and its not perfected, i spent a lot of time rebuilding the damn engine.

Back