how to fix hyperblink

dvilla5506

Reaction score
my dam right turn signal has been hyperblinking on and off and does it at its discretion. i changed the bulb and it seemed to work but for like 3 days and then it started again. for like a good 2 weeks it didnt do it and started again. i have led's in the cluster if that has to do with anything.

finch13

Reaction score
Look in the bulb sockets for corrosion, replace if necessary.

When it hyperblinks, is it blinking both the front and rear signals? One bulb could be dropping out of the circuit, even though the bulb is fine.

Check the grounds near the headlights and taillights. Front should be near the fenderwalls, rear should be somewhere on the lower rear trunk wall.

Lastly, the multifunction switch could be on it's way out.

dvilla5506

Reaction score
it hyperblinks in the bak front duznt signal at all.......let me chek the grounds.....and lastly wat the hell is the multifunction

finch13

Reaction score
Then that would tell you the front bulb is dropping out of the circuit or making an intermittent connection. Probably a socket or ground.

The multifunction switch is what you use to turn on the headlights and turn signals.

dvilla5506

Reaction score
ok i chekd the right side ground and it looked like it had brake dust over it all metallicy.....cleaned it up and sanded for bare metal......still doin it......cudnt find tail ground wires ran all the way to the speakers and split somewhere into the abyss of the car.....wat if i replace the front bulb........had a spare tail bulb and still hyperblinked

finch13

Reaction score
Well the front bulb should be dual filament since it's a signal and parking light. You can try a new bulb, but have you checked the socket itself yet? They do corrode, I've replaced a bunch of them.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
too much blinker fluid? :jae:

lol finch is right, i had a little corrosion in my bulb sockets.. unplug your battery and make a lemon juice and baking soda solution and use a q-tip to dip in it and clean the socket..
also check grounds, make sure there are no frayed wires.. worse comes to worse sounds like a switch or circuit

dvilla5506

Reaction score
k bulb seemed fine heres pics
2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
so the bulb on that plug doesn't come on? do you have a volt meter?...i would see if you are getting power in the plug and work my way back...check your grounds though...

Back