how to i take pix of.....

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
a person/object standing in front of an illuminated background?

this was the first pix i took.... yeah, it wasn't tht great lol
IMGP0519.jpg

tried using the flash, and i got this...

IMGP0520.jpg

wat setting should i use? :thinking:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
You should have a flash compensation feature, and you can stop your flash down some if you are in one of the manual modes (P, A, S or M) or you can slow your shutter down some and use the flash.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
read up the photography shoutbox foo. lots of good info. shoot in A?

nexTOme

Reaction score
May not be best solution but I would try using flash compensation like will said above, then try closing up apperature, longer shutter speed to capture background? You would need tripod for this and may need her to stay still lol

flash lightup the person just enough with small apperature with sort of dark background, and longer shutter takes in more lights from background?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
"how do I take pix of" :coffee:

:lawl:

No worries, Roy, your questions will help me out as well. Thanks for "taking one for the team"!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^That turned out better.

So, without using the advantage of photoshop, it's just a matter of playing around with the camera/flash settings?

Red02Accordv6_2

Reaction score
roy was correct to use flash to light up the foreground, but direct on-camera flash looks horrible. Remember the camera only captures what it "sees", so no setting or mode would have been able to capture the dynamic range of that scene without underexposing the subject or blowing out the background. What he should have done was avoid the situation all together and not place his subject in backlit lighting. :thumbsup:

Back