I got screwed!

toast

Reaction score
i dont want to sidetrack the thread too much...

it could be to cover up rust, but the myth of covering EVERYTHING in damping material was propogated by the companies and SPL guys (loud bass). you dont NEED to cover everything, just strategic places.

what does the trunk lid look like?

emot-ninja_1.gif
IMG_3951.jpg

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
as far as the multiplexor goes ... i believe all that matters is model ... coupe/sedan and of course ex/lx ect... year and engine should not matter

cajun

Reaction score
Oh great!! Theres no evidence in the cab (seat bolts not rusty, metal frame behind firewall not rusty), but the trunk is definitely suspect!! Why the hell would you dynamat in random patches, other than to cover up rot???

Fvck, man, hate to see that. Does the carpet look newer than the rest of the interior? Shops know to replace seat bolts/frames after floods, so that doesn't tell you anything. You'd be amazed at how clean they can make a car look after it's been half submerged.

toast

Reaction score
Fvck, man, hate to see that. Does the carpet look newer than the rest of the interior? Shops know to replace seat bolts/frames after floods, so that doesn't tell you anything. You'd be amazed at how clean they can make a car look after it's been half submerged.
No, the carpet looks trashed...its safe to say the P.O. was not a clean freak!

dcmystery21

Reaction score
wow, i would be afraid to look even more. after you get all of this fixed, it will be roughly the same price as a good condition 6ga. Thats just an absolutely horrible car. maybe you could find a parts car around you and just start replacing stuff? i dont know what you would do about the trunk pan...cut it and weld a new one in?

toast

Reaction score
I bought it as a commuter, not a show car!! I drive about 90 miles a day, and wanted the extra mpg, and sense of more power than a crap-o-matic...It runs and drives fine, just need to tidy some loose ends, and try to forget everything I learned about its past!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
For $2,200 I wouldnt say you got screwed. But I would say you kinda screwed yourself by not thoroughly checking the VIN numbers and other things on the vehicle.

1. Drivers window stuck half open.

Buy a new window track or find out whats keeping the track from moving all the way up. Check the door trim...ect.

2. Cannot control Passenger window from drivers side.

Its possible that your plugs that go into your fuse box are broken or pushed back not allowing a good enough connection.

2. Drivers power seat wont move/recline (Blown Fuse)

Already determined

3. No keyless entry fob

A new remote can be purchased online from ebay for around $40 with instructions on how to program it.

4. Cannot open passenger door from inside

There is a link from the handle and the lock that probably disconnected, if its broke. Get some JB weld and fix it.
5. No temp guage

Check and see if the new guage cluster is working properly. Get a small 12v battery and see if you can make the needle move. If that does not work, I have a diagram that shows you where the engine coolant temp sensor is, you can check for voltage.

6. No dash lights (Odometer backlight goes from bright to out)

Like I said before, check your cluster to make sure its in working order. Then check the multiplexor.

7. No stereo

I can sell you a Honda brand tape player and radio if you want for cheap. Or get an aftermarket CD player.

8. Doors do not lock/unlock with the solenoid

If the door lock actuators are broke then you need to replace them. Otherwise check to see if the link from the actuator to the locks are connected. If you can hear the actuators clicking then its most likely the link. Not to be redundant, but there are two links, one coming from the handle to open the door from the inside, one coming from the actuator to the locks.

9. No intermittent wipers

So your wipers only go at one speed? You need to do some troubleshooting to see where the problem is. Take the switch out and do some resistance testing, if its very high. Its likely that some of the switches on the wiper control are bad. If you dont want to go through all that trouble. You could probably get one at the junk yard for less than $20. You also might want to check the wiper motor to see if all the wires are in place.

10. Cruise works, but the green LED on the cruise button doesnt light up

The LED light went out, very common problem. My old 1999 accord had the same issue. Who cares if it works, otherwise buy a new switch.

If you think you have a bad window motor, dont replace it so soon. Take the bolts off the window motor, hold the motor inside against the door frame and hit the door frame what a rubber mallet. I got that from a honda tech, and did the same thing with my window motor. It was not working nor was it working by putting a 12v battery on it.

If I was u, I would not put any money into this car. I would just deal with what it has and just make sure ur drive train and motor are in good shape. Just my advice.....

toast

Reaction score
Thanks Hondaluver, but I was working on it all day...I updated the first post with my progress...kinda bummed that the passenger side multiplexer is different for a V6 than an I4. I pulled both sides, but can only use the driver side....Got dark out, so Im done for tonight..

Back