I have memory!

xluben

Reaction score
Package arrived :D

504146684_2V2z8-L.jpg

Including all my cards, and my camera's highest quality JPG setting (10MP), I can take:

8,343 photos

before I have to empty a card!

finch13

Reaction score
You must have missed the awesome SanDisk rebate! It was back in October or November, anywho, I got two 4GB Extreme IV cards for $40 :D

And what photographer shoots in JPEG? :slap: RAW or RAW+JPEG if you must :deal:

Haha.

xluben

Reaction score
Yeah, missed the boat on that one. I think you could have gotten those 8GB Extreme III's
for under $5 each! I saw online that it took 2-3 months for some people to get their
rebates back, how long did it take for you? I will end up at about $20/card after rebate.
Pretty good compared to the normal rate!

Shooting events would push my previous 8GB worth of cards to the limit in a day, even
when shooting JPG. With these cards I hope to not have to dump any photos at my next
national event (3 day), so everything will be backed up. I might switch over to RAW for
local stuff now that I have plenty of space.

dynasty

Reaction score
wow. 3x8GB of memory might be a little too much for me. i don't know about you guys but after i take pictures, i go home and store them on my secondary hard drive. one event, i taken more than 1,000 and it still said i have more than 1,000 pictures left. haha. and it was on my highest quality on JPEG.

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
yea, i use 4 - 4 GB cards and Raw mode. Sometimes, you just get lazy on transferring stuff off the cards :p But then again, I've bought 3 external harddrives thanks to photography.

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score
I can't let myself have that much memory...I would never unload any of the cards until I took all 8K+ pictures. And then I'd never process them because I'd be overwhelmed.

I shoot in 12bit uncompressed RAW and I get about 750 shots with a 16GB Extreme IV. When I don't need to shoot 6fps then I'll bump it up to 14bit uncompressed RAW and I'll get a bit less.

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah, missed the boat on that one. I think you could have gotten those 8GB Extreme III's
for under $5 each! I saw online that it took 2-3 months for some people to get their
rebates back, how long did it take for you? I will end up at about $20/card after rebate.

I'd say it took about 4 weeks or so. I got a $100 prepaid Visa debit card.... in fact I still have about $5 on the card... I used it to buy the nifty fifty lol.
So it was about $140 for the 2 cards and it was a steal!

wow. 3x8GB of memory might be a little too much for me. i don't know about you guys but after i take pictures, i go home and store them on my secondary hard drive. one event, i taken more than 1,000 and it still said i have more than 1,000 pictures left. haha. and it was on my highest quality on JPEG.

Word. I dump my pictures every time I go out and never filled one shooting raw. My 4GB card holds about 370 6.3MP raw photos

yea, i use 4 - 4 GB cards and Raw mode. Sometimes, you just get lazy on transferring stuff off the cards :p But then again, I've bought 3 external harddrives thanks to photography.

Word. I have 3 backups of my library, one on the internal, one on the 500GB external, and one on the 1.5TB external.

I shoot in 12bit uncompressed RAW and I get about 750 shots with a 16GB Extreme IV. When I don't need to shoot 6fps then I'll bump it up to 14bit uncompressed RAW and I'll get a bit less.

:drool: Are you shooting D3 or 5d? I need a better body, but I don't have the money.

Ben, have you ever entered the Studio 414 photography contests? It's a Mpls-bases studio run by 2 women doing wedding shoots. Anyways, it's monthly and they give away a 5d body every month. $8/shot entry fee, unlimited entries. (All you other guys, it's a national contest, not limited to MN, PM me for details or google Sutio 414)

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
i've thought about that contest. LOL my friends tell me to enter as well, but I'm still wishing i had another lens to get the shot i want.

finch13

Reaction score
i've thought about that contest. LOL my friends tell me to enter as well, but I'm still wishing i had another lens to get the shot i want.

Yeah I dropped $25 when it was $5/shot and didn't win. if I enter again, I'm gonna try and shoot to please the judges, my style just doesn't match theirs. They really like shots of people or nature that have a lot of emotion to them.

Back