i need help with my a/c its to hot out people help me

jpn

Reaction score
whats up guys like my title says i need help with my ac. i have a 98 4dr ex accord and the a/c is no cold at all. i checked the compressor and found that the clutch is not engaging. i had hot wired the compressor and the clutch engages and the compressor blows cold air into the cabin. so that shows that the compressor works its just not gettin power. also when i turn the a/c on from the knobs and buttons the a/c button lights up and the rpms jump just the compressor clutch does not engage. does anyone know what may be the problem? its blazing in my car even with the windows down and my girl is going crazy lol. help a brother out please.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
you should try sending power directing from the pressure switch.
if the clutch engages then its your pressure switch.
when you say cold air coming out from the cabin, is it like really cold or only a little bit cold?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
When your refrigerent is low, it will not enguage the clutch. You dont neccesarily want to run bone dry before refilling again.

If you have not done it before, I would just have a service shop fill it up. There's more too it than just attaching a can to the line with the ac blowing.

finch13

Reaction score
you should try sending power directing from the pressure switch.
if the clutch engages then its your pressure switch.
when you say cold air coming out from the cabin, is it like really cold or only a little bit cold?

That won't help anything except tell you if the compressor clutch is okay.

The compressor clutch will not engage if the refrigerant pressure is too high, too low, or the actual pressure switch is junk.

OP, you're gonna need to hook up some gauges.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
That won't help anything except tell you if the compressor clutch is okay.

The compressor clutch will not engage if the refrigerant pressure is too high, too low, or the actual pressure switch is junk.

OP, you're gonna need to hook up some gauges.

really? or was it the relay in the fuse box?

gauges will help alot.

you should just bring it to the shop :thumbsup:

jpn

Reaction score
we had hooked up the gauges and made sure levels were correct. but where is the pressure switch?

finch13

Reaction score
And the levels are correct? What did they read?

The switch is on top of the receiver/drier, the silver aluminum tank in front of the condenser and radiator.

jpn

Reaction score
i dont remember but my friends father said it spec according to the radiator support sticker

finch13

Reaction score
Considering the sticker specs what refrigerant type and oil type and capacities in pounds, ounces, or kilograms and the gauges read in pounds per square inch, I don't see how your buddies Dad could possibly tell you it was "full".

I ain't hatin, just trying to help.

Back