I need some opinions...

joeygkb

Reaction score
I've spent the past two weeks looking around and pricing out all the things that need to be done by my car. It comes out to about $4,000--not TOO bad. However, I'm worried that once I spend all that money and take all that time (because you know I'll be doing all the work myself), something's going to happen where I'm going to need that money (still a little worried about my transmission because it's been acting up lately). So my question is, should I actually spend the time and money and do everything that needs to be done, or should I just look to get something else at this point and sell what I have? Some people have told me that I should just drive it until it dies, but I'd rather not do that. It's hard for me to just drive a car and watch things go wrong without doing anything about them since I really do love the car. But maybe it's just not worth the money and time, you know?

Keep in mind, I'm a full time student working two jobs at the time being--time and money is limited!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! I guess I'm just at the point where I'm a little confused on what I should be doing.

Thanks guys :smash:

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
You don't have to do everything at once do you? Take it a step at a time. For me, modding has been enjoyable as a journey, not something I did all at once.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about maintenance stuff... in which case my point doesn't apply :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If its anything, a tranny swap should be built into that 4000 bucks

This.

No reason to do all the mods at once, the most important is getting the tranny up and runnig.

A 6spd, minus the engine swap will still give you a whole new car.

eggs

Reaction score
i would like to see a list of things that you will be doing to the car. then it would be making forming an opinion easier.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I take it the $4,000 are things you want done to the car, not that necessarily need done?

If that's the case, just do it a bit at a time. Since time & money are limited for you, I wouldn't recommend dropping $4,000 at one time.

Back