i ordered an "OEM" front bumper....

smoky

Reaction score
so yeah i ordered an "OEM" coupe front bumper from the stealership yesterday and i picked it up today..when i placed the order i asked the guy if it's OEM and he's response was. "Yes we order straight from Honda" so im like ok then i'll take it..

so i picked it up today during my lunch break..and i just got home and unpacked the bumper..to my surprise the inside of the bumper it says
"MADE IN MEXICO"..wtf..lol..and i have a feeling it's not OEM now..whatchu guys think?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
any honda stickers inside it?

lots of parts for american-assembled cars are made in mexico...seat belts especially it seems...

smoky

Reaction score
yes there is a honda sticker..with the part number i believe..or some sort of number

AccordFlex

Reaction score
all OEM honda bumpers will have a small paper red and white sticker inside of it with the part number printed. They also will have white writing similar to a crayon inside of them which refers to the batch number for quality control and returns purposes

smoky

Reaction score
If you got it from the dealership, then I'm pretty sure it's real, lol.
true that
all OEM honda bumpers will have a small paper red and white sticker inside of it with the part number printed. They also will have white writing similar to a crayon inside of them which refers to the batch number for quality control and returns purposes

hmm interesting..has both of those..

THANKS!

finch13

Reaction score
Not everything is manufactured in Japan... I wouldn't get shaken up because it said it was made in Mexico...

Back