i think about this everyday, what do you have to say?

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
Hello my fellow 6GA owners,

every time i drive my STOCK accord i always wish there was POWER!!!

whenever i see a car speeding and just flying by, i wish i can just laugh at him/her and zoom rite back by him/her.

so every time i drive my car i think about the built h22's and h23's on this site and i think about how fun it must be for them so know they have power under their hood

so i was thinking...i either want to start saving for an engine swap or start saving for a down payment for another car (probably a tsx) and keep my 6th gen for the future and build it later

oh and before i forget to mention, i want to keep my 6th gen FOREVER!!! lol (as long as i can) and also my swap will be an auto to manual either h22 or h23 or if money is good K-series (i know lots of more work)

i'm leaning more towards saving for a build, because it feels great to not have car payments, also because i just love my 6th gen, no matter how many haters i have, i LOVE my car!

anyway, my questions for all of you are,

would you save for a build?
is it worth the time and money to you?
has the thought of saving for a swap enter your mind?
do you love your car?

please feel free to share your stories :D

PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST!!!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Although i've owned much more fun to drive cars, i feel accords are great, well rounded cars. The only place they really lack is power.

I've been concidering swapping since i got my car. However, being in cali makes it hard. To my knowledge, i can't do an H22 because i have an 02 accord. I may be able to, i don't know.

For me to keep this car for more than a few years longer, i will need more power. I've thought about swapping but in the end, i think getting a car more suited to me is going to be the way to go.

Anyway, i would probably get another car if i were you, unless you love your accord enough to basically "waste" a good amount of money. That's fine if you do, i "waste" alot of money on my old jag but that car will stay with me forever, no question, and probably go to one of my kids (who don't exist yet lol).

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm.. its coo. if i wanted more power i would get another car. Accords are basically for looks and show not go.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
anyway, my questions for all of you are,

would you save for a build?
is it worth the time and money to you?
has the thought of saving for a swap enter your mind?
do you love your car?

please feel free to share your stories :D

PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST!!!

1) Yep, already am
2) Completely, the fun/thrill of driving your car and the respect you have/gain for yourself knowing its yours, you put it together...etc is more than rewarding for the time/cost of doing it.
3) For another motor..yea, have the parts for it, not sure when or if it'll ever happen.
4) I like my car, I like driving it, but sometimes it's a real bitch. Now I know why guy's refer to their cars as women.

truonghthe

Reaction score
Ah your sistuation just like me then, I am all set for a new car because the economy going like sh*t, finance will be like a biitch, The only car I would love to finance is an 07 or 08 Acura TLS.

lwlba

Reaction score
hm... a lot of people have in the same situation.

I think this will ultimately come down to how much you love your car. If you love your car enough to throw around a few grand to play with, then you haev your answer.

some people love their car, but not to the point that they want to throw it AROUND just for FUN. remember... swapping and all that is ALL A WASTE OF MONEY in the long term. some people are more practical and want to go for a new car. taht's why i said, it all comes down to how much money you want to throw away just for this car

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
thanks for all the comments guys, i really appreciate it!!! most of you make good points about money and the car itself, and to be honest i really love my car and like i said i wanna keep it forever, money comes and goes and with me i think the project can be money well spent :D thanks again fellas, im still leaning towards saving for the build, but who knows how i'll think when i actually have the money in hand :D

Back