I think this is a good idea... (SRI DIY)

stanleybb50

Reaction score
i understand the money-saving aspect of the sri diy, but i got mine on ebay for around 10 bucks. is it REALLY not worth that, if not just for the aesthetics alone? sure i threw another $50 for a k&n filter, but you seem pretty satisfied with the spectre filter, who's quality is pretty close to the ebay one anyways

You got the piping for the SRI from ebay for $10?

I might have to check that out for such a low price.

haha i dont know why, but i like the idea of being able to change back to stock "on a whim" -- so i may just leave it how it is... the only thing that concerns me is how good that cheap filter actually "filters" -- like when I'm behind someone on a dusty road or something...

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Honestly that has been the debate around here for a very long time.

What's the difference between a $200 AEM or INJEN intake and a $50 Ebay intake and replacing the filter with a K&N filter.

Honestly, I never did see a difference

sodaks2k

Reaction score

What's the difference between a $200 AEM or INJEN intake and a $50 Ebay intake and replacing the filter with a K&N filter.

Exaclty. Even over stock how much hp will we see at the wheels with AEM/Injen? 5-8hp? No one is going to feel that difference, other than when VTEC engages. Hearing the difference, yes.

agginline86

Reaction score
Exaclty. Even over stock how much hp will we see at the wheels with AEM/Injen? 5-8hp? No one is going to feel that difference, other than when VTEC engages. Hearing the difference, yes.

I wonder how much of a difference in sound there is between aluminum and the plastic. Probably not as loud, the plastic probably doesn't resonate as much. Maybe less of that droning noise?

Wouldn't mind a video :p

Pudge49902

Reaction score
i noticed you didnt take off the resonator..when i did my SRI i left the resonator on and now its filled with water....

f23accord2000

Reaction score
008.jpg
here is mine another idea i did this way back 2009 i believe right before tas auto started doing it and charging 60 bucks for it i spent 30 total .it was tom and Brian and me ideas together .3 inch cold air intake cut into a short ram intake with boot attached to box with resonator taken out .

Last edited:

f23accord2000

Reaction score

its the name is all. my friend dyno tested aem an injen intake and ebay intake all came out to the exact same gains which wasnt much at all.little to no gaini was there to prove it with my own eyes.its all show points.

Back