I want more power...

Chorilored

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback! I appreciate it.
The power im looking for is maybe around 200whp at least. And I am willing to spend over 1G, I have already invested over 3 on xena(my dark currant pearl baby). A couple more wont hurt. From what you guys have replied im leaning towards a turbo but how would I go a bout doing a compression and leak down test on my own to see if my motor is healthy enough. I have 132k miles so far on her. will an H head fit onto the f23a1?
Another thing whats a “j36” from DrOwZee
:ughrun:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
swapping in a v6 into a 4 cylinder bay is more work that what its worth....unless you go all out with the v6 swap, but itd be cheaper to make your motor boost ready and turbo it.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
A compression test isn't hard, just need a compression gauge.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Might say 150/152 Crank HP but I took my Accord with AEM short ram intake, Magnaflow 2.5" cat back, no cat, cleaned filter, new plugs, wires and DC sport header with my AT tranny at the time and only made 113/115 WHP/TQ on the Dyno.

Since then I just swapped it to 5 speed and put a 11lb flywheel in it and I doubt its not any different maybe 5-10 WHP more then when I last ran it.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback! I appreciate it.
The power im looking for is maybe around 200whp at least. And I am willing to spend over 1G, I have already invested over 3 on xena(my dark currant pearl baby). A couple more wont hurt. From what you guys have replied im leaning towards a turbo but how would I go a bout doing a compression and leak down test on my own to see if my motor is healthy enough. I have 132k miles so far on her. will an H head fit onto the f23a1?
Another thing whats a “j36” from DrOwZee
:ughrun:

LOL... join the club - there's about 3 of us in here trying to achieve just that (in Whp) and it's going to take more than 1g to get there "Naturally Aspirated". You should see what everyone else has already tried (with dyno sheets to prove) and where they're at. I'm already doing head work, cam & internals to get there. Good luck!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Take a look/send a pm to Eminodagreat and see what type of potential your F-Series has.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Nitrous will be the cheap way to go,but only last as long as you push the button..But in the end cost alot re-filling the bottle if constantly feel the need for speed..

Turbo is expensive but you have the almost instant power once stepped on the throttle..
:rofl:

with a turbo the only way you'd have instant power when you go WOT is if you were in the middle of your powerband to start with, otherwise you have to wait until your turbo spools or if you're running some super small turbo :eusa_doh:

Get a new car. I kid. Turbo is the way to go in your situation, as Sketch said.

check out RussianRed's build, 220whp and 218wtq on a STOCK engine with minimal boost. If you don't mind spending the money turbo's will get you the power you want for a reasonable-ish price tag.

Back