ignition system

kbmukdk2316

Reaction score
my friend has got a 99 Lx 4 cyl, he has no mods except a cone air filter. i was wondering if we were to get this accel kit, would we notice any signifigant power gains or should i not worry about the ignition system until it starts putting out high hp? we are trying to find a relatively inexpensive mod that will give noticable power with out harming OEM components, thats why im investigating the ignition system. i was debating on higher flowing fuel injectors but there kinda pricy and im not sure what else needs to be upgraded along with injectors. any help is greatly appreciated! TIA

kbmukdk2316

Reaction score
dont do it.

understood, i heard the oem ignition was sufficient...just wanted to double check.

any suggestions of what to look into? like i said were looking to save as many bucks as possible but just want one mod that will boost power a little bit without putting to much strain on the rest of the stock parts.

Fuzz

Reaction score
bs

300 hp or so sounds rite

No sir. About 4 to 500 wheel is the limit of the factory system depending on the application. After that you're going to have to run a stupid cold plug which will require a more powerful system.

A good way to KEEP power is to maintain the car. Change the spark plugs and lie wires... a new cap and rotor inside the distrobutor.

Installing an intake and headers and exhaust system will free up some power especially if you convert to ODB1 and re-tune the car.

Other mods include swapping your transmission with one from a 92 to 96 prelude h23 if your car is manual. You will use more gas because of you will be driving at higher Rpms but the car will be quicker.

Welcome to the Accord Performance therapy session. lol.

Have a good day.

Stile442

Reaction score
looking to save as many bucks as possible but just want one mod that will boost power a little bit without putting to much strain on the rest of the stock parts.

The amount of strain would depend on the size of the shot but you could always put it on the bottle.

Back