Import Alliance - Summer 2015 Meet

kn0x47

Reaction score
I don't know if my car isn't drivable...but there seems to be a loud clunking coming from the front drivers side when i hit every single bump. I've changed upper control arm (past November), lower ball joint (3 weeks ago, sway bar end link (last week)....none of these have fixed the issue. Shocks seem to be holding pressure and are not blown. If i put it on fully stiff, the clunking doesn't happen as often.

Damn. Thats almost $500 for 4 days. I may have to look into getting a roommate lol or else this trip is cancelled
Sounds like your shock is leaking. Check for wetness at the upper end of the shock body.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Is it just the tire not beading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Long story but found out the front sub frame is bent, I have to buy another new tire, and now my ac controls started messing up so I'll have to get another one of those too

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^where the rod goes in and out of the shock body.

Jon, if nothing else take the Subie. :D

kn0x47

Reaction score
^where the rod goes in and out of the shock body.

Jon, if nothing else take the Subie. :D

hah tru.

but I already have a new tire and climate control coming to my house and I'm gonna start working on my front end so i can have the car properly aligned even with the bent frame. I think i'll have the car back on the road safely in the next couple of weeks

twofast4u

Reaction score

kn0x47

Reaction score
hmmm So i checked the shocks yesterday. They seem to be dry and there isnt any leakage or wetness. I do think it may be a defective upper control arm or that front strut arm bushing.

http://www.amazon.com/Moog-K9733-Bushing-select-models/dp/B000C5A1HK

When i shift from first to second there is a clunk, and when i brake it makes the same noise.
The bushing in the link is the radius arm bushing and they almost never go bad. If you're getting a clunking while shifting and braking then I'd check the motor mounts too. I know my mom's old minivan got a clunking noise, normally from going to reverse to drive and it was a motor mount issue

twofast4u

Reaction score
The bushing in the link is the radius arm bushing and they almost never go bad. If you're getting a clunking while shifting and braking then I'd check the motor mounts too. I know my mom's old minivan got a clunking noise, normally from going to reverse to drive and it was a motor mount issue

fixed it. Ended up being a defective upper control arm. My parts guy just gave me a replacement part.

As for the trip, I probably am not making it out as it really is not feasible to make the trip alone. Hopefully next year boys!

Back