Inner tie rods

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Any one know how to replace these? There isn't a section in my haynes manual, it goes straight from outers to the boot replacement. I can't imagine it is too hard, any special tools?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I hate to suggest this, but have you tried looking for a good YouTube instructional video? They have good ones on outer tie rods, I would think there would be some for inners.

Or talk to someone that has the Honda tech manual, and see if they can give you the procedure.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
u can rent the tool from autozone
actually its pretty easy
just remember to mark/count ur threads and get an alignment check after

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Awesome, does anyone know what kind we have on this car? The jam nut style or the crowfoot type?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i wanna say crowfoot but dnt qoute me , i got the rod and tool at same time(they told me exactly wat tool i needed and showd me how to use it) and did mine in about 30 min per side

scrapnav6

Reaction score
If im not mistaken you remove the outer and yes you can go out and buy the tie rod tool or u can just get a decent sized ajustable wrench or pipe wrench or some large channel locks and a decent amount of elbow grease. Usually after u crack it loose you can get it out the rest of the way by hand. Also if u have trouble getting it loose you can shock it a little with a punch and a heavy hammer.

Back