Installation of struts & springs prices?

green00v6

Reaction score
I'm just trying to find out how much I should pay for installation of new struts and springs. A place gave me a quote of $450-600 and I think thats a little much. So if you could just tell me about how much it cost you I would appriciate it.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
hey man you should just do it yourself it is very easy to do. Hey by the way were do you live cuz if you live near me i could help you out with that.

green00v6

Reaction score
I live in St. Louis, MO. How much would a spring compressor cost?

dynasty

Reaction score
yep, i heard it was easy but i want to see someone do it which i would learn from it. but i have a friend who could help me so ask a friend. and i know it shouldn't be over $100. for the tools maybe. LOL

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
ok well i live in florida so im far from you the tools dont cost that much cuz you could just rent them. Go to autozone and rent the spring conpresor for about 50 dollars or less and dont worry when you take it back you get your money back. If you can also get a air conpresor if you can try renting one that should be like 50+ dollars. Then when you get that get a hanes manual and it explaines how to do it step by step with good pictures. Go ahead and try it man its easy just make sure you have some help it will come in handy.

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:
ok well i live in florida so im far from you the tools dont cost that much cuz you could just rent them. Go to autozone and rent the spring conpresor for about 50 dollars or less and dont worry when you take it back you get your money back. If you can also get a air conpresor if you can try renting one that should be like 50+ dollars. Then when you get that get a hanes manual and it explaines how to do it step by step with good pictures. Go ahead and try it man its easy just make sure you have some help it will come in handy.

yup. thats wha i did with my coilovers. went to autozone n did the same. it is easy to do. this place wanted to charge 300-350 to do em.. but i saved that n did it myself. its worth it.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommand a newbie in mecanic to do it by himself.. For a good mecanic that's about 3 hours of work and some of the parts you'll need to remove may be very hard to unscrew with an impact gun.. And suspension is a very important part and you don't want to forget to tight some important pieces and lose a wheel during driving..

And don't forget you may need to re-align your car after lowering it.

du3ce

Reaction score
air tools are really useful thats all i can say, imagine compressing the springs by hand god damn.. :eek:

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
Max you should pay is 150-200. If you take it to a shop that does it more often they can knock it out pretty quick. Anywhere from 1.5hrs to 3.5hrs. That price they quoted you is a ripoff.

Back