Is it possible to do 5Lug swap with TL-S or CL-S knuckles?

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
If i am correct...yes they do fit...ofcourse from the 99-03 tls and cls but u would have to also do a rear disc conversion since u have drums....

BigAnt

Reaction score
If i am correct...yes they do fit...ofcourse from the 99-03 tls and cls but u would have to also do a rear disc conversion since u have drums....

I know I would to do the rear disc swap, that's one the main reasons why I want to do it.

Also I read some where that the front and rear rotor sizes are quite a bit larger than the accord v6 rotors.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Yes you can do the swap, but make sure to use ALL of the cl/tl parts. Some parts are diff like the rear brake caliper bracket.

jwong512

Reaction score
Shouldn't the rotors still fit as long as you just get bigger wheels to compensate for the extra size?

efcivicturbo

Reaction score
i have a five lug conversion on my 01 ex, that is from a 99 tl, only problem is youll need the rear spindles. only because your car is an lx.. im selling my five lug if your interested, lmk

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
i have a five lug conversion on my 01 ex, that is from a 99 tl, only problem is youll need the rear spindles. only because your car is an lx.. im selling my five lug if your interested, lmk

If I didn't just lose my job we be talking right now this was a winter project

Pharell

Reaction score
I have done and completed the five lug swap and rear drum to disc conversion. I picked up the Acura tl 99-03 rear hub assembly from local wrecking yard. I paid around $50-75, for each rear hub assembley. That came with calipers and e-brake lines. Your front spindles are the same as the acura tl/cl/V6 accord. Just a five lug hub pressed on the spindle instead of 4-lug. I also ended up buying the front spindle and hub assembly from a yard to because they came w/ calipers and brackets. All in all the swap went well once I took all the calipers apart to check quality and possible replacement of any bad parts and painted while at it. The e-brake lines will be the hardest part when doing swap ( a bit on the short side, but can be made to work with adjustment. Have to be used do to new parking brake assembly in rear hubs.) In the end I spent about $ 250-300 for rear disc conversion, and almost a 2in increase in front rotor size (V6 accord are a lil over a inch.) ALL FACTORY PARTS (OEM) Bad part is first time u lock them up with ease if No ABS. Best of luck, its pretty straight forward to do, w/oem fitment and parts. Booo yah.

PS Acura CL 99-03 have a slightly wider rotor in the rear on the hub portion. TL rear hub assembly is better fit as far as disc. I wana know how to get those brembo's from 04-08TL Type-S on. Spindle assembly is diff i believe tho :(

Last edited:
Back