It's a good problem to have...

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Everyone is getting CRX's except me :(

Its going to be a fun project man. Good luck, hope you see the goals you're looking for.

Atreidies

Reaction score
Get to work! Should be able to strip that thing down in a weekend.

I could do it in a day. I'm going to take it easy though, trying to sell most of the interior and glass. Going to Lexan on everything except front windscreen and door glass. Plus, I work 50-60 hours a week.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I think boost will be over kill in that crx. Just do an all motor k20/k24 Frankenstein all motor and that thing will fly!!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I boosted my Accord with stock internals and it was always my DD. It still would be my DD if the tuner didn't blow my sh*t up. Had I left it at the 7psi tune, it would have ran for years and years and years and years. No reliability issues at all with low boost (5-8psi). You can run it forever as long as the tune is on the richer side.

The only reason I had problems is because I upped the boost and it was improperly tuned, refer to build thread as I've seen you have.

Speaking of which, I may take it to T1 to tune.. or I will street tune it myself and do dyno pulls to pinpoint the official whp. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

The old tuner is NEVER even going to see my car again.. Don't even get me started. Sorry, back to topic.

Last edited:

Atreidies

Reaction score
I think boost will be over kill in that crx. Just do an all motor k20/k24 Frankenstein all motor and that thing will fly!!

I have learned that there are 3 things that are never too much -

Money

Penis Size

HORZPOWAH!!!!

Erik123456789

Reaction score
sweet.. a crx.. nice having a small car aint it? lol.. i was comparing my del sol to the accord earlier and its tiny hahaha

Atreidies

Reaction score
enjoy the understeer once you near 300hp

EVERY car comes with traction control. It's called the accelerator. Racing is about finding the edge and getting as close as possible to going over it without actually going over it. If you think over/understeer is about HP levels, I highly recommend you stay away from RWD cars.

Atreidies

Reaction score
I boosted my Accord with stock internals and it was always my DD. It still would be my DD if the tuner didn't blow my sh*t up. Had I left it at the 7psi tune, it would have ran for years and years and years and years. No reliability issues at all with low boost (5-8psi). You can run it forever as long as the tune is on the richer side.

The only reason I had problems is because I upped the boost and it was improperly tuned, refer to build thread as I've seen you have.

Speaking of which, I may take it to T1 to tune.. or I will street tune it myself and do dyno pulls to pinpoint the official whp. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

The old tuner is NEVER even going to see my car again.. Don't even get me started. Sorry, back to topic.

Yeah, I will stay at 10 psi or below, at least until I build a motor. I'm lucky to have Secret Services here in Houston. Those guys are really good at doing detailed tunes. Part throttle, full throttle. They have tuned ALMS cars, so my ride should be no issue.

I've heard that Tony is a stand up guy, so it may be worth it for you to take it down to him.

On a side note, a friend of mine gave me a Grant steering wheel. It was red and black, so I decided to pay $6.99 for some vinyl paint. Here's how it came out...
GrantWheel.jpg

GrantHub.jpg

The logo was red too. Cool thing about vinyl paint is it soaks into the vinyl, so the grain/texture is still there, and it won't chip or flake off.

Ordered the HyperFlex master kit from Energy Suspension yesterday. Tearing out the interior this weekend. I'll get started on the bushings after I get my friend's press over to my place.

Question - This is going to take me 6+ months to finish and it's not a 6ga, but I feel like this site is my community (as cheesy as that is), so I was wondering if you guys would like to see a build thread on here, or should I just post a link to one on another site when I get it up?

Back