Jack 6th Gen Accord on dropped suspension

Solidus

Reaction score
I know this seems like a no brainer question but I think it is a fair one to ask especially for those who work on their car themselves.

I recently replaced some parts under my car and had the entire car suspended using jack stands. I thought it was somewhat difficult to do this on stock suspension since the 6th gen Accord coupe sits rather low to the ground already.

When I get a new suspension and a camber kit I want to drop the car about 2-3 inches.

How would you go about jacking up the car and suspending it without using the special dealer jacks since the car will sit about 3-4 inches off the ground?
What are some methods that can be used to safely lift the car when its that low in order to do work on the car yourself?
What types of jacks, jack stands, or other types of devices would be best to use?

Any expertise from 6th gen Accord owners who have already lowered their car is greatly appreciated.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
For the fronts do one side at a time. For the rear, I jacked up one side with a low profile jack, put a jack stand under the frame on that side, then grabbed my other jack and jacked up the other side slowly, and when it was level I placed another jack stand under the frame on that side. Then I let down each jack slowly until the frame rested on the jack stands, tightened the jack back up, and left it there.

So I had two jacks and two jack stands while I worked on the rears. It is helpful to have both sides of the rear jacked up at the same time while you work on both. Just make sure the car is level.

Make sure you use the jack points on the car, and have the jack plate centered. Also make sure you have your parking brake on and car is in park (or 1st).

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You can use a low profile jack.

If not, drive onto pieces of wood to get it a little more off the ground for the jack. The same sometimes must be used for lifts

Akingkhan

Reaction score
image_zpsc97d9b28.jpg

I used a forklift :lawl: when I had 2 fix my oil pan after I got a hole in it lol

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Use two jacks and two stands. Jack up rear of car at tow ring with one jack, place other jack under rear side jack point, jack until high enough to put other jack that you use in the rear under the front jack point... Lower side rear, take to front of other side and put under other side front jack point and jack it up. :lawl: that's how I do it. And for 75$ I could get a low profile jack at harbor freight lol.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Yup :lawl: n I'm nowhere near flush my offset is 35

image_zps768f8d89.jpg

Camberd like a mother fucker

Solidus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Yeah when i jacked the car up i used two jacks as well plus two jack stands.

I will definitely have to pick up a low profile jack once i do the dropped suspension.

Back