jerrychoochoo's 01 Taffeta White Accord Sedan LX "Build"

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by jerrychoochoo, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Mark2001Accord

Mark2001Accord Well-Known Member

Nice bumper.

Ebay had painted bumpers for the 2000 Accords, but I notice they have this PAD where the license plate is. Any vendor that sells painted bumpers that do not have the PAD for a 2000 Accord sedan?

2. jerrychoochoo

jerrychoochoo Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I've bought car parts from eBay. I actually bought my coilovers from there and they were cheap as hell lol. But yeah man the car is looking good! What wheels did you end up getting?

Thanks man I love the Kosei's but I want a different color. Oh nice, thats a good idea, thanks man!

Yeah man I love this bumper, it looks so clean. To be honest, I have no idea why I didn't tell my painter to shave off the license plate tabs, it would've looked so much better. FML

3. fidel f fernandez

fidel f fernandez Member

i got AV1 AVID38. 18X8.5 front 35 offset and 18x9.5 rear 38 offset staggered i had my fenders rolled other wise they would not fit. got to wait awhile to put them on because i have to spend some money on some bills, but im sure u know that problem. but ill give it about a month and ill have them on. and yeah got to watch out for the cheap coil overs on ebay! but sometimes u can get lucky and get some good stuff that will preform to the level u want. for me its not about the looks, i want what i buy to live up to my expectations! i used to do some unprofessional racing with the PCA. Porsche club of america and POC Porsche owners club. lots of fun but very expensive!! thats why i spent the money on MEGAN RACING coil overs. rite now i have Accelera tires on my stock wheels. PH1-R 215/55 16 97W lower profile but great grip!! these cars dont have a dead pedal for looks!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. Dave Accord

Dave Accord New Member

I'm here! I am very impressed with your car.

I am a new owner of a 2000 Honda Accord LX that is also Taffeta White but is an automatic. My car is completely stock.* Carfax does say that it was brought back to the dealer around 2006 or so to have an accessory installed but I haven't figured out what it was.

My Accord has the ULEV VTEC 2.3L 4 cylinder engine and the car is a Sayama (Japan) built car, which is not the most common of the 2000 USDM Accords.

My car looks almost like Jerry's except the wheel covers for 2000 are a little different design. Mine on the passenger side are all scratched up around the outer one-third due to poor parallel parking. Perhaps sand them down and paint them silver again? My bumpers also have scrapes (not dents) but the car has no body damage otherwise.

*EDIT: Maybe worse than stock. Was the stock tires Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 195/65R15? My car has worse tires.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. KONG

KONG Active Member

stock tires that my Accord came with [​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. jerrychoochoo

Well.. I bought an S14 today, very unexpected lol. I already have a buyer for the Accord, he just put in a deposit yesterday and she will be sold on the 26th. Very bitter sweet but I’ve been making a lot of impulse decisions and not regretting it.

7. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Well-Known Member

Sorry to see your accord go but nice choice on a replacement. Any plans for the nissan?

8. jerrychoochoo

LOTS. Right now she has:

- MaXpeeding Rod coilovers (again lol)
    - new camber arms
    - double din with back up camera
    - 12 inch sub
    - some ugly ass Drag wheels (will be replaced ASAP)
    - slotted rotors
    - eBay window visor & rear visor (will be removed)
    - tint (I fuckin hate tint, so it will be removed as well)

And probably some other goodies I can’t think of. The car is auto sadly, but I have enough funds for an auto to manual swap. I’m going to buy some 17 inch OEM G35 wheels, I might buy OEM window visors, ISR blast pipes, and I’ll definitely slam it. I’ll post some pics in a couple of days.

9. jerrychoochoo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is fellas. I took off the horrendous 18's and bought 17 inch OEM G35 wheels. I'm going to take off the Plastidip whenever I have time. I'm so hyped for this car, I just took my board exam and I'm officially a Registered Respiratory Therapist! Can't wait for that RT money to roll in haha..

10. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Well-Known Member

Looks good, i like the g35 rims. It looks to be in good shape, cant wait to see what you do with it.