JL Audio 1000/1 in 4 Cyl?

Nguyen916

Reaction score
Has anyone put a JL Audio 1000/1 in a 4 cyl? If not will a 4 cyl with stock alternator be able to handle it?

rebornS14

Reaction score
our alternator should be 80amps which isn't much these days. if you want to do it right, get a second battery with a isolator and if you can, get a capacitor if you like that hard hitting bass. if your car is parked in a garage, you can get a float charger for $30 these days and have it prewired to your battery so all you have to do is plug it in when garaged.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There is the option of getting the stock alternator rewound, but I don't kinow that you would get a signficant amount more amperage out of it.

Best option is to do your Big 3 ground wire upgrade, get the second battery and/or Capacitor(s).

What sub(s) are you running?

lashlee

Reaction score
The 4 cylinder alternator on the F23A1 is 105 amps, and will do fine with the amp. Like others have noted, an additional battery, bigger wiring, isolator (not completely necessary) and a cap will also help. I've use the original OEM alternator in my 98 with 223k miles with three amps that make about 2400 watts total. I have two batteries but I use a charger any time I have some listening going on without the engine running.

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
i ran one on my L5s for a few months and worked great and it worked fine till i got my kicker 1250

Nguyen916

Reaction score
There is the option of getting the stock alternator rewound, but I don't kinow that you would get a signficant amount more amperage out of it.

Best option is to do your Big 3 ground wire upgrade, get the second battery and/or Capacitor(s).

What sub(s) are you running?

I will be running a 12w7 in a high ouput box.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I will be running a 12w7 in a high ouput box.

Just run 4-0awg wires depending if you have amps to power your speaker doors.

I was running 4 awg wires to power my alpine PDX 1.100 and a 175 watt hifonics amp, but the power would cut at volume 12. Swapped to 0awg wires and it is running fine now. I'm running a jl 13w7 also.

Back