Jon's 99 5spd EX Coupe

kn0x47

Reaction score
mock-up of the CL console going in. Ebrake is attached but not working yet. I'll have the rear half of the console permanetely in once i get the ebrake working and wiring run for the power outlet in the armrest. Radio will have to be moved to the regular spot sense the new cubby is hitting it then the real custom work will start

2016-01-23%2017.36.03_zpsbshiyjmo.jpg

2016-01-23%2017.28.53_zpsbgctfx5h.jpg

2016-01-23%2017.36.27_zpsdkhfvzl5.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Cool project man, curious to see how it turns out. Does the CL console reach the dash and you can just trim it wherever the two intersect? Or are you going to have to fiberglass or something?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I feel like I have seen this swap done, but I don't recall where.

Doesn't matter, I do believe Jon, you are going to make it look like no other when you are done.

Looks promising so far.

kn0x47

Reaction score
made more progress on the console including my cardboard template to fill the gap to the dash. Next is making more cardboard templates to figure out how I need to cut the side pieces
DSC_5492 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

Cool project man, curious to see how it turns out. Does the CL console reach the dash and you can just trim it wherever the two intersect? Or are you going to have to fiberglass or something?
no fiberglass. I'll use abs or plexiglass

I feel like I have seen this swap done, but I don't recall where.

Doesn't matter, I do believe Jon, you are going to make it look like no other when you are done.

Looks promising so far.
yeah i found some pictures on here or v6p where someone else did it but it was a bit of a hack job. mine will have better fit and finish

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
This is gonna be a sweet looking thing for sure! I also remember someone from v6p worked on it, but not ever since then. It's your time to be the pioneer, and I'll be curious to see if I can follow your work someday.

kn0x47

Reaction score
This is gonna be a sweet looking thing for sure! I also remember someone from v6p worked on it, but not ever since then. It's your time to be the pioneer, and I'll be curious to see if I can follow your work someday.

thanks man!

got more work done today. Got the front side pieces trimmed so they will fit. I removed the bottom dash panels first to make things easier.

first edge cut off hoping i didnt screw up
DSC_5500 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

after more trimming heres the fitment on the driver's side
DSC_5502 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

figured out it can actually be tucked under the dash which may be useful
DSC_5504 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

and here's the lower dash panel being held up to the dash. part of the dash panel will need to be cut and i'll probably be cutting a lot more off the the cl console panels
DSC_5507 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

here's the passenger side which still needs a little more trimming.
DSC_5511 by Jonathan Boothe, on Flickr

Tomorrow i'll make sure the console is still centered then start cutting the cl console trim pieces that go on each side

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice progress, this is looking promising. Just going to be a matter of making all the areas where all the panels intersect look finished.

Back