juiCyyaccOrd's - CL-S 6SPD Swap

Bax

Reaction score
I was about to say here comes speeding ticket city, but you'll probably get out of them just wear those yoga pants. :lawl:

001Stunna

Reaction score
I was about to say here comes speeding ticket city, but you'll probably get out of them just wear those yoga pants. :lawl:

lmaoo, wouldn't that mean she'd have to get out of the car lolz?
your gutter mind makes me think we've got quite a few things in common though:rofl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That's why I bought a damn good radar unit. You WILL go faster haha. Derek told me they're a pain to own in Canada though...

What was mentioned from my swap by the way? When he was up under my dash, he kept saying how clean everything was, haha.

I read about the snags you hit in GAccord’s FS thread. This kind of work is never without some hardship, especially on a 10+ yr old car.. My major snags were the front driver side axle nut (one of the first things we removed lol), finding long enough bolts for the Innovative mounts, and wiring the cruise control. I know the worst part for Rich was installing the new brake/clutch pedals. Lol

You’re lucky you had someone with you the whole time. By the end of my time there I was getting pretty homesick, lol.

Btw, did he drop your subframe with spacers to get the IM to clear the hood?

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
That's why I bought a damn good radar unit. You WILL go faster haha. Derek told me they're a pain to own in Canada though...

What was mentioned from my swap by the way? When he was up under my dash, he kept saying how clean everything was, haha.

I read about the snags you hit in GAccord’s FS thread. This kind of work is never without some hardship, especially on a 10+ yr old car.. My major snags were the front driver side axle nut (one of the first things we removed lol), finding long enough bolts for the Innovative mounts, and wiring the cruise control. I know the worst part for Rich was installing the new brake/clutch pedals. Lol

You’re lucky you had someone with you the whole time. By the end of my time there I was getting pretty homesick, lol.

Btw, did he drop your subframe with spacers to get the IM to clear the hood?

Lol, yea pretty fast, I have to admit. He kept mentioning the fact that your car was super clean. Mine got into accident so I stopped caring about cleanliness :p but nowwww with the swap it's SUPER CLEAN :) I also saw pix of your swap lol, the process and everything. I gotta admit, it is super clean lol. I saw that he used padding and stuff to protect your paint. I was like, Hey! How come I didn't get that!!! lol, (plastidipped front end with accident) bahahaha

O gawd, I hit every snag you can think of, is why it racked up to so much at cost. I was supposed to have innovative engine mounts but they didn't ship it on time so ended up getting OEM engine mounts since 2.5 of my engine mounts were gone. Had I driven it any longer, the engine would've fallen LOL, Ling kept me busy the whole time, I helped her paint the shop and she took me around with her doing errands :) we became pretty close. I got homesick as well, couldn't wait to go home; got so happy when I saw "Welcome to Mississauga" lol

He did drop my subframe, which made me even lower to the ground so I had to raise my coilovers =( I hate raising!!! =(

twofast4u

Reaction score
Congrats on the swap Judy! This really came as a surprise! Cant wait to see it at the meet this week! Can i call shot gun now? lol:hide: jkes

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Great swap! Looks clean but I recommend getting an ingalls stiffy engine damper and those innovative mounts installed to protect those axles. I already snapped my front left axle because of the swap. And $7000!?! Yikes I paid 7k total for parts and install and I got a lot more done in my swap like ems, mitisimoto rad, engine dampers, headers, cai, j37 mani and a lot more. But I'm glad you had a good experience with rich and his harness, I personally could never get the harness to work, neither could the shops I brought it to and neither could rich over the phone (if he ever answered). So that's why I went to ems. But if you used the j37 mani you wouldn't have to lower your subframe or space the hood, it sits at the same height as the j30 (and I have a j35 which is taller then a j32). I wish you would have let us known; I could have given you some pointers along the way :/

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

001Stunna

Reaction score
...got so happy when I saw "Welcome to Mississauga" lol
(

umm your home is Toronto:squintwave:

Great swap! Looks clean but I recommend getting an ingalls stiffy engine damper and those innovative mounts installed to protect those axles. I already snapped my front left axle because of the swap. And $7000!?! Yikes I paid 7k total for parts and install and I got a lot more done in my swap like ems, mitisimoto rad, engine dampers, headers, cai, j37 mani and a lot more. But I'm glad you had a good experience with rich and his harness, I personally could never get the harness to work, neither could the shops I brought it to and neither could rich over the phone (if he ever answered). So that's why I went to ems. But if you used the j37 mani you wouldn't have to lower your subframe or space the hood, it sits at the same height as the j30 (and I have a j35 which is taller then a j32). I wish you would have let us known; I could have given you some pointers along the way :/

aren't you still in limp mode???
From what i recall she's throwing no codes, no limp mode, everything was done to the utmost detail and perfection and most importantly the car runs like a dream and performs like a dream...I would have to say she got the better end of the deal.
PS. Stop street racing and you might not need to be replacing axles.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
is it ok if I ask how much rich asks to do this? just out of curiosity.
like does he have a set price, total it up at the end, or just want a case of beer? lol

Back