Keyless entry not working

rdxd

Reaction score
Hi all, I tried searching, but to no luck :(

Yes I did try to reprogram the remotes but that did not do anything either
Yes also tried changing to brand new batteries

Considering opening up the remote but if i do i have no idea what I'd be looking to do

Last resort is to take it to an auto-electrician, however I'd prefer to solve the issue myself for personal accomplishment

Help!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
When you press lock/unlock does the little red light illuminate? Does the trunk release work?

gold4door02

Reaction score
When you pop your hood look down where the hood latch assembly is. There should be a little blue piece. Clean off the little blue piece and it should function normally again. Had this same problem last summer and it worked for me

rdxd

Reaction score
When you press lock/unlock does the little red light illuminate? Does the trunk release work?

yeah light works, and trunk release does not

When you pop your hood look down where the hood latch assembly is. There should be a little blue piece. Clean off the little blue piece and it should function normally again. Had this same problem last summer and it worked for me

have u got any pics?? or an example - what is the blue piece anyway? i couldnt seem to find it

gold4door02

Reaction score
I dont have any pics but once u pop the hood look inide the latch assembly down near the front grill. Down inside there you will find a very small baby blue square that is the sensor for your remote. Mine was covered in grease and grime and couldnt even see it. I sprayed wd40 and wiped it with a rag and eventually found it. Once it was cleaned everything worked well again. I found it by searching on google so im assuming you could find a diagram to help you. Hope this helps!

rdxd

Reaction score
I dont have any pics but once u pop the hood look inide the latch assembly down near the front grill. Down inside there you will find a very small baby blue square that is the sensor for your remote. Mine was covered in grease and grime and couldnt even see it. I sprayed wd40 and wiped it with a rag and eventually found it. Once it was cleaned everything worked well again. I found it by searching on google so im assuming you could find a diagram to help you. Hope this helps!

ooo awesome, i must look carefully! - becz the remote has worked TWICE or THRICE but only out of luck

rdxd

Reaction score
I'll have to haev an even closer look - i didnt read that you said to look for a 'square'

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with this too and I can't seem to pinpoint in on my 01 TL... any luck yet?

Back