Leaking antifreeze

twofast4u

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this part is called? It bolts to the block for the upper rad hose. Pretty much, I am leaking antifreeze from there. I think i probably need the gasket for it, but i have no idea what its called. If anyone knows, please let me know!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Upper radiator hose housing.

You might even be able to get the gasket at an auto parts store if you're really in a crunch. Just make sure you clean both mating surfaces really well.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, ib-ultra grey, no gasket but may be available aftermarket. Could also cut one from a sheet.

HomerJay

Reaction score
The service manual suggests replacing the entire piece that bolts to the head if you have a plastic piece (black). The replacement gasket is only meant for the metal version. On Honda part sites, for my year (2001), it can be found under the "Water Pump - Sensor" category. When I was doing my head, I just replaced the entire piece with a metal one so I can now use the gaskets.

twofast4u

Reaction score
The service manual suggests replacing the entire piece that bolts to the head if you have a plastic piece (black). The replacement gasket is only meant for the metal version. On Honda part sites, for my year (2001), it can be found under the "Water Pump - Sensor" category. When I was doing my head, I just replaced the entire piece with a metal one so I can now use the gaskets.

awesome. So is it #9 in this list?

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...er-pump-sensor/?trim=ex&engine=5-speed-manual

Thanks!

bluelights81

Reaction score
Food for thought, I had the same problem on my 00 Accord. It had the plastic piece. I did order a new gasket which fit fine and put some Hondabond on it. Still leaked. Turned out to be the hose. I have the non-Honda clamps on my radiator, the flat head screwdriver type. Turned it 2 turns and it's stopped.

Back