Lets get smokin'

Go!

Reaction score
Aight so a little bit about myself.

* I live in Louisville, KY (502).
* Drive a 2001 Sedan LX Automatic 4-Cylinder(Accord)
* Interested in turning my "family car" into a street worthy vehicle.

So, I got a few questions.

Considering the fact that no performance or any aftermarket parts have been installed (except batteries and a new tranny) in the 8 years it has been in my household, what should I start with?

I also don't have a HUGE budget so per new part or install id like to have a cap at $100. ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. I have no experience with cars either so I would like to start off with SUPER easy installs that I can't really screw any of my car up.

Also, I want to change out my beat up, fading and peeling OEM hubcaps for some strong dependable hubcaps, OEM or not, where about would I go to find these?

Thanks for all the help I know you guys are going to give me. Once I get the hang of things I hope I can help out other car enthusiasts, including this website.

Thanks again! :driving:

cfox28

Reaction score
not much can be done on that small a budget, but lets see... you could do a short ram intake or cold air intake, since its just piping you can get an ebay one, just upgrade the filter later. you could also do just lowering springs, but many would advise to at least save up for a good spring/strut combo.

also don't find new hub caps, get actual wheels. look on craigslist. just pay attention to bolt pattern, bore size, and offset

and welcome!
this is a great site, you can gain alot of knowledge from the people

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

A couple things you could do for around $100 each are an intake or springs like cfox28 said, try Eibach Pro-Kit springs since they can be used on stock struts.
Or maybe window tint or an interior led swap.

Look into DIY stuff like blackhousing your stock headlights, it makes a big difference. Or remove the intake resonator if you don't get an intake.
Doing basic maintenance and installing stuff yourself will really save time and money as well.

Read up on the site and you'll learn a lot.
Enjoy

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about buying bolt on performance parts. Even if you install all of the basic ones you still probably will not gain over 5 horses. I'd focus on enhancing the appearance and giving your car that more aggressive street look.
-EX accord factory rims or go the extra mile and purchase some XXR or Drag wheels of your size preference, probably something around 17x7.
-Lowering springs that give your car a mild drop (1 inch) such as Eibach, H&R, Tein, etc. Or if you want to be a little lower you can opt to get more aggressive lowering springs and pair them with aftermarket struts or spend the big bucks and get a full coilovers system that allows you to go as low as you want.
-New headlights, check eBay for specialty ones like clear, black housed, etc.
-Front lip off eBay; type r style, Mugen, etc.

These are just a few entry level mods you can do to your accord to make it look less family oriented and hopefully a little nicer.

Welcome to the site:thumbsup:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Welcome to the site !

Have you got any pictures of your car? It would give us more ideas as to what you could do to your car first ..

Go!

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys! I'll def look into Cold Air Intakes. I also read A LOT on LED Conversions, so I went ahead and purchased 7 bulbs from SuperBrightLEDS. Can't wait for them to get in.

also don't find new hub caps, get actual wheels. look on craigslist. just pay attention to bolt pattern, bore size, and offset

Like change my entire wheel or the rim?

And as far as the small budget, I want to keep it at $100 per for right now because I am a beginner so if I screw anything up it would be a big blow to my wallet. After a little bit of time ill get better and more expensive upgrades.

LASTLY, I know this sounds ridiculous, but is there a way to get scratches out without taking my car to a mechanic shop?

Thanks everyone! :)

EDIT: I'll get some pictures of my car up soon guys, give me a day or two and ill post it in this thread!

Last edited:

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Intake < mpg's

Get a lip (70-80$)
Blackhouse your stock lights (can of paint and your oven 5$)
And then save for coilovers ($600) thats (100 six times) :lawl:

Go!

Reaction score
Intake < mpg's

Get a lip (70-80$)
So no go on the intake?

Ight!

Also as far as pictures go I still haven't gotten around to taking them but I found this picture and mine looks identical except the side mirrors are black, not silver. And the hubcaps are chipped and worn.

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/poc/121006/103r1/5745c71_27.jpeg

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Intake < mpg's

Get a lip (70-80$)
So no go on the intake?

Ight!

Also as far as pictures go I still haven't gotten around to taking them but I found this picture and mine looks identical except the side mirrors are black, not silver. And the hubcaps are chipped and worn.

5745c71_27.jpeg
Sounds like you have a value package. Do you know the year? My first mod was LEDs, gauge cluster, then dome light. Def read up in the DIY section, those are usually the cheapest mods and a lot of fun. Do the resonator delete. And he's saying intake yields greater mpgs. Welcome man. Just have fun with it. Upgrading the rear sway bar to the 04-08 tl manual bar is like day and night. Def do that. Its like 50 for the bar and if you need endlinks, its around 50 for the pair. Happy modding!

Back