License Plate Relocators

Johnson

Reaction score
been busy in school and still figuring out how to keep the license plate stay upright and stay down. right now the plan matt told me is using magnets.. If you have any ideas please tell me!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
just look at the design Altec is using.

It's almost TOO easy, lol.

1. long mounting bracket, with a cut out "track along each side, for the license plate to slide along
2. hinge that connects the license plate holder to the track
3. very simple coil spring , applying contact pressure. plate can only flip up once it gets out toe the end of the track, where the knobs on the bracket are no longer "held down" in the groove.

okay, now going back and reading that, it sounds confusing as hell. if you'd like detailed pics of what it looks like and the diff parts of it, let me know. I'll get them for you. Probably patent infringement though, if anyone cares.

Johnson

Reaction score
Sorry if I got your hopes up. I dont think we will be making these because it takes a lot of small parts and I dont know where to find plastic and the spring..
However the license plate relocator.. we can do.

Thanks

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
It's not an easy thing to just fabricate something like this without a lot of time and effort and the right tools/machinery.

I was being a realist, that's all.

Don't worry, I took a ton of pictures of the Altec one trying to help him out and show him what he needed to do. So I wasn't just being a dick.

...but I did have to throw in the "I told ya so". :lawl:

:hide:

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
I did for a while, but the rattling from being lowered and having boom boom in the trunk made it not worthwhile. Maybe if you double sided taped it to the windshield it would be fine, but then it wouldn't be very clean.

hey acually i have mine in my windshield too but i got tired of the rattle from my bass so i went to walgreens and picked up a pack of suction cups and put them thru the holes on my plate and mounted it on my windshield and no more rattle and no problems :) plus the cups are clear too so it looks good

Reaction score
hey acually i have mine in my windshield too but i got tired of the rattle from my bass so i went to walgreens and picked up a pack of suction cups and put them thru the holes on my plate and mounted it on my windshield and no more rattle and no problems :) plus the cups are clear too so it looks good

i thought of the suction cups for the plate too, but i got a $35 ticket for having it on the windshield instead of not "mounted"

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought of the suction cups for the plate too, but i got a $35 ticket for having it on the windshield instead of not "mounted"

"California Vehicle code:

26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any
object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied
upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or
material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon
the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear view
through the windshield or side windows."

Not only no license plate but you can't have anything mounting on the windshield in Cali. (no gps, or radar detector)

Back