Low beam uneven

charliebitme

Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently bought a 98 accord coupe and when I was driving I realized the driver side bulb is brighter then the other side, I figured maybe the bulb just needs a replacement, I went out and bought a hid kit and installed it still did the same thing, the driver side is brighter, any suggestions? Is there a left and right bulb for a hid kit? Thanks in advance

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
There is a knob on the headlights, use a 10 size socket or rachet and adjust both headlights to make them even.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^that. One bulb is not brighter than the other, it just looks that way from the viewing angle due to one of the headlight reflectors being aimed lower/higher then the other. Try adjusting as he said.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
On the plus side, hope you got a reliable HID kit.

You will have to readjust the headlights now, so they aren't blinding people.

Bax

Reaction score
If you got an hid kit, make sure the bulbs are sitting in the housing tightly, also. Before I had retros on my old car and I just had hids in the stock headlights for a few weeks, the bulbs didn't fit very well and if they sort of "hung" in there, and pointed off just slightly, they wouldn't reflect like they were supposed to and would be very dim. What I did was just twist the bulb opposite of the way it twists into the headlight a few times to get the wires twisted and it will push the bulb in the direction it is supposed to twist into the headlight, then it will hold it a little tighter.

I kinda just rambled... but I hope that helped.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Go on even ground with a wall nearby, maybe infront of your drive way if its pretty even.

Stay about 6 feet away from the wall, them aim them as evenly as you can, I'd say maybe 3-4 feet, depending how low you are. Just don't try to blind oncoming traffic and the person infront of you.

There is also a few videos on YouTube.

Last edited:

charliebitme

Reaction score
Okay thanks, YouTube doesn't really help but what tools would I need? A Philips screwdriver or a 10 socket

Back