Low brake pedal

Emo236e

Reaction score
Rather than starting a new thread, i figured I'd just update this one. I adjusted the rear drums and one of the star wheels was definitely sticky and most like not self adjusting. I also bled the brakes again and the brakes felt great....until today. I'm coming to the conclusion that air is getting into my lines somehow repeatedly. Also, it always the front passenger caliper that start sticking when air gets in the system. Can a caliper allow air in the system somehow or is it more likely just the bleeder screw needs replacing? Any wisdom is appreciated. Also, I replaced the mc already so it's not that. And yes, I properly bench bled it and them bled the brakes in the correct order after install.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
well it you think there is air coming in then you will see brake fluid residue on the calipers or bleeders or lines and also the bango bolt on the calipers and no lines are pinched.also check the wheel cylinders in the rear if you have drums sounds like the problem i had on my old accord.it ended up being the wheel cylinders had a small pin hole in the rubber.and last but least the master cylinder one of the O rings are probably worn and is leaking air into the system.you might have to bench bleed the master cyl while in the car to get a better feel

i thinks it is either because your problem was the same as mine when i fixed them both problem was solved.if its not the wheel cylinders then its def the master cylinder not holding pressure or caliper boot around the piston
A wheel cylinders
B master cylinder
c calipers are leaking by the rubber on the piston like my moms 2000 accord was doing
also when you are in park and you apply the brake an hold it down does it go slowly down then stop or does it go to the floor almost?

Last edited:

Emo236e

Reaction score
I replaced the mc already. The pedal doesn't sink to the floor. The caliper seemed to have some residue around the rubber boot around the piston. I replaced the passenger front caliper so hopefully that fixed it. I bled all the brakes and there are no sticking calipers anymore and the brakes are working well. If I get more air, I'll check the wheel cylinders some more, though I took the drum covers off and saw no fluid in the drums.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i bet it was the caliper the rubber was torn around the piston.i had that problem and my moms car had that problem ive already replaced both of my rear calipers already my moms car she ha replaced all 4 do to that issue the boot around the piston gets dry rotted from dirt and salt and so on and ends up wearing out the boot

Back