Low mpg's

tj_harris

Reaction score
It's back up to the $3.20's now. I'm gonna have to check my tires because when I checked them last they were all at 20-25 each and I put 35 all around. I didn't notice mpg change but it was a whole lot smoother.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
As far as tire psi I just keep it 5psi under the maximum psi listed on the tire. Remember that air in your tires expands as it gets hotter so you don't want too much psi.

cyen008

Reaction score
i normally get 22mpg with my v6, my highest most recent is 24mpg :[

i have aem sri which i believe helps a little with mpg (little)
roof rack which i believe fcks my mpg up (wind drag) but i need it for my bike

i probably do 60% local 40% freeway

eggs

Reaction score
It's back up to the $3.20's now. I'm gonna have to check my tires because when I checked them last they were all at 20-25 each and I put 35 all around. I didn't notice mpg change but it was a whole lot smoother.

i would kill for gas to be 3.20, i pay over 4 dollars a gallon

559caliAccord

Reaction score
Sup peeps, i became a hypermiler when i was 17. Became an avid driver going to high school and had low cash for gas

1. When filling up, my advice is fill up a half tank. should cost about $25-30. Also add 1OUNCE of SeaFOAM per gallon in that tank ! This will clean your car and improve fuel economy.
2. Remove spare tire and other crap that will slow you down.
3. Have proper inflated tires, 5psi below the maximum-should be 35psi-stock tires.
4. Use Cruise control all the time unless going up hill (-_-)

Aftermarket parts

1. Magnaflow Catback-1-2MPG improvement
2. COLD AIR INTAKE-2-3 MPG improvement

02 Accord-L4 AT 28MPG highway and Currently 30 City, 34-36 MPG :rofl::rofl:highway

if i roll 50mph with cruise control i hit 37-38 mpg lol at 1900 rpm

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
Gotta say, I just did a short road trip (~1000kms~) through the mountains, and my average was just over 31 mpg. I have the AV6 and no, I don't drive like a granny, hell, I didn't even have cruise on most of the time, the TCH has horrible drivers... City, on the other hand, I regularly do 24-27, yet again, not the most gentle driver.

I just take good care of my car though, seafoamed recently, little injector cleaner about 3-4 times a year, regular oil changes, and only driving like a total douchebag about 25% of the time :duckhunt:

Back