Lowered in winter/snow

Thormx331

Reaction score
After 2 years of going back and forth with the thought I finally bought some f&f type 1's. problem is I waited so long and I live in NY that the snow is coming soon. Second problem is ive wanted to lower the car for two years and finally have what I need and want to put them on now really bad after seeing all your cars.

What I want to know is people on here that have to deal with snow and being lowered/ would it be bad for the coilovers. If its all good then what's a safe height to ride at for winter?

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Just wait till next year man. Trust me, your coils will get salt covered ( i know your area and im 99% sure its salt) and the threads will get corrosion on them. Now you can wire wheel them but that means pulling them off and going at them with a wire wheel and then re installing them. Just alot of work. You can slid alot easier if you get going at speed and hit more snow than can go over and just pack your under carriage. If you have a lip it will go bye bye. Id just wait and get a fresh start in the spring. You waited 2 years whats a few more months :/ thats how i look at things and belive me i feel your pain of having car parts and not being able to install them.

eggs

Reaction score
I agree at this point of the fall you're better off waiting til the spring, save for some awesome wheels, I live near nyc and I just put on a set of snow tires for the winter

The nice part about coilovers is that you can adjust your height so raise it for winter and lower it for summer

Last edited:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
The best way to mod cars is to not care, about anything.

So do it!

QFT. Luckily I don't have to worry about snow. Florida ftw. But I would personally just wait I'll the winter is over so you don't have a possibility of messing them up right away

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Here in Toronto, there are alot of people that leave their cars lowered, and try to navigate as best they can after a heavy snowfall.

Usually means waiting until the streets are plowed, but if you have new suspension, no point in ruining that in the winter, save your stock suspension for that and put the good stuff on in the spring.

Momentum

Reaction score
Personally, I never understood "winter mode". But, that's probably cause I live in Texas haha. Do you have a second car or a friend that could help out when the roads get bad?

Thormx331

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replys. I'm on here everyday looking at what your guys do and always doing to DIYS on here and have always modded cars so its killing me to wait as they are staring at me in the corner of my garage. I'm still stuck on what to do. I would like to put them on and lower it till the snow really falls and raise it a bit in winter and just spray the coils weekly to get the salt off but I do snowboard and that's my only worry is if I get caught in a storm. Want to lower it about an inch for the winter to get rid of some wheel gap but I'm not sure if that safe or not. Again thanks for your replys. In the back of my mind I just wanna say f*** it and lower it but I guess it's a decision I need to make

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
was lowered 2 inches back when i was in indiana.. survived 3 winters.. just make sure to spray off the salt at least once a week..

Back