Magnaflow Catback Fitment on 4cyl

doubleclutch

Reaction score
Been doing a lot of research with no definite answers. I want the Magnaflow Catback for my 01 f23a coupe but the website says it only fits the sedan models. I emailed the company with no response and I was wondering if anybody has the catback on their 4cyl coupe or knows if itll fit or wont fit. lemme know

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
It should fit.

As far as I have found they're almost identical except I think the sedans is a couple inches longer. And I'm not even positive if that's true. But if it is, it'll still work and fit

truWarier02

Reaction score
The coupe is a bit shorter. Should be no problem for a muffler shop to reduce the pipe length.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
It should fit.

As far as I have found they're almost identical except I think the sedans is a couple inches longer. And I'm not even positive if that's true. But if it is, it'll still work and fit

You're wrong. It will not fit no matter how much you force it because it won't line up with the hanger ..

The coupe is a bit shorter. Should be no problem for a muffler shop to reduce the pipe length.

This is the right answer. You'll have to take it to a muffler shop and have a section taken off in order to fit it.

cfox28

Reaction score
can you just buy the right exhaust from a different site? I bought my magnaflow catback from performancepeddler.com for a v6 coupe. I believe this is the same place chris got his from awhile back. I called mentioned the price he got it for and asked about the best price they could give me, and maybe some bs about getting a forum discount, I got it for 507, when it usually goes for 6 and above

HomerJay

Reaction score
The pipe is also easily shortened with a hacksaw. I forget which piece needs trimming but there's a flared connection near the muffler. You would trim (or have trimmed) the straight (non-flared) side of that connection.

This is the catback I have.

doubleclutch

Reaction score
It should fit.

Thats what i thought but wasnt too sure
The pipe is also easily shortened with a hacksaw. I forget which piece needs trimming but there's a flared connection near the muffler. You would trim (or have trimmed) the straight (non-flared) side of that connection.

This is the catback I have.
Solid info thank you! how does it sound btw? im curious

and thanks to everybody else who chimed in. I'll def be looking into this for my next project

HomerJay

Reaction score
Solid info thank you! how does it sound btw? im curious

and thanks to everybody else who chimed in. I'll def be looking into this for my next project

It's definitely not raspy and "whiny"; it's a bit louder and deeper than stock exhaust. There are RPM levels at which you will notice it. I haven't noticed a big problem with exhaust drone but on the highway, I primarily hear my tires.

Back